Anembroyonic Pregnancy/Blighted Ovum (confirmed)

kimisgirl

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just got back from my scan and thankfully things are pretty much back to normal. So I should have no further problems. Bleeding is on and off now which is good cos I'm starting to get mega fed up (and TMI ... sexually frustrated)

Also The Nurse explained to me that I had had an Anembroyonic Pregnancy (used to be called Blighted Ovum) I have found a very interesting link which goes into detail about this type of M/C and thought I would post it as I found it comforting to understand it a bit more. This bit especially interested me :

"General concensus seems to indicate that a blighted ovum is due to a chromosomal abnormality possibly related to trisomies 16 and 22"

In otherwords if the egg had developed it would probably have resulted in a fatally disabled Baby (if that makes sense).

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... dovum.html

I know there has been some debate or wheather this type of miscarriage is the same as a silent/missed M/C, and from what I understand If you go for a scan and there is a sac with no baby and no evidence of a yolk or fetal Pole then it comes under any one of the above terms.

aine x

Hi Aine,

I am glad things are starting to get back to normal for you...you'll be able to get back to that BDing in no time! You seem quite chipper, I suppose you have to push on and try to overcome your sadness when you have a littlie to look after. I hope you are ok though and taking some time to relax and get yourself up to full strength emotionally and physically. :hug:

Thanks for the link, it sounds really interesting...going to go and have a look now!

Lots of hugs...keep taking it easy!!

Michelle
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111