Bleeding at 6 weeks.....HELP PLEASE

avena21

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Where should I start my story........

I`m 6 weeks pregnant and started to bleed yesterday :-( Let me tell about my history a bit.

I`m 29 years old, had a MC in 2007 and an Ectopic in 2008. Lost my left tube.

Without any trying I fell pregnant and felt wonderful and also terrified as immediately freaked out if it`s in the right place this time. Had an early scan on Tuesday which confirmed it is intrauterin and apparently normal pregnancy. 2.6mm and they guessed about 5 weeks 4 days or so.
Already felt blessed as now I know my remaining tube is working :dance:

BUT yesterday 4pm I started to bleed and had a few cramps. Freaked out straight away. The blood was clear, no tissues or clots in it and bright red. Not that bright when you cut yourself but also not dark enough for period blood. My world collapsed :-(

Phoned my GP who said it can be anything. I had a MC before so I got prepared for the worst. He also told me to wait until Monday and go the Early Preg. Unit or if it`s get worse to the A & E.

Well to tell you the truth it did not get worse but couldnt cope with the thought to wait till Monday so went to A & E. Cramps has stopped and only passed blood when I went to the toilet and wiped myself.

Anyway at the A & E they asked for a urine sample and it turned out I have a urine infection :shock: I was like what????????????????????
For the record I`m a nurse as well and felt ashamed I never realised it.

So they said the Scan Unit has closed now and not too much they can do. They were lovely by the way. Got some antibiotics and told me to rest over the weekend and go to the Unit on Monday first thing.

And here we are now, got up this morning went to the toilet and no blood in the bowl. Only on the tissue a bit when I wiped myself and this time it was dark brownish. Like your last day on your period. Also has no cramps at the moment and made a preg test and still positive. So now I totally don`t know what to think. Don`t want to get my hopes up............

Has anybody had anything like that????? Any ideas????? Please help me!

I know I`ll be more clever on Monday and it`s not far away but maybe someone out there experienced the same and share it with me.

All I do is google-ing and freaking out.....

Thank you for your time!!!!

Avena

I've not had this personally but I remember threads where ladies have bleed due to water infection. You've done all you can and got treatment for it. If they can't scan this weekend then I'd make sure I was on their doorstep on Monday. Sounds like the bleeding has stopped if you are getting old brown blood now. Keep a close eye on it and if bleeding returns I'd be back off to A&E. All the best for Monday, let us know how you get on.

I agree with ninja hopefully it's bleeding related to ur urine infection which are very common during pregnancy. I would get urself down the epu early Monday morning for reassurance. Best of luck hun and just relax as much as possible this weekend. Keep us updated xx

Np Hun. Hopefully some folks who've been through it will be on later. ITs always quiet here on a Sat coz everyone's out doing stuff. Just rest up and try and relax (easier said than done I know) :)

From what I've seen on here uti's are normally a shock...I think it's cos everyone's focussed on being pregnant and almost "forget" the rest of their body.
The brown blood could still be from your bladder and the antibiotics are clearing it out. Get plenty of rest, drink loads of water (stay away from any red juices and squash or you'll give yourself a heart attack) and hope you feel better soon hunny xxxxxxxxxx

first thing do not google things, its a scary thing and you get all sorts in your mind, ive had to ban myself using it because i got myself all worked up. I had 2 weeks constant of bleeding, heavy and light and so i took myself to a n e and then referred to epu where i was scanned at 6 and 8 weeks and all was ok. Bleeding can be normally as long as its not loads and loads. I wasnt too bad waiting between scans but now i have t wait 4 weeks and want them to go sooo quick so i can see bambino again. Dnt panic, either ring your midwife or go to epu or a doctor x

Hi hun, I did have bleeding, but it wasn't due to urinary infection, in fact they were not too sure about what caused it, but they found out a few things about my womb during the early scans, so it could have been because of that.

Its great that you've been given antibiotics for the infection, so that should clear up the infection pretty quickly!

Hope Monday comes soon enough for you! Sending you hugs! xxx

Thank you every one of you taking the time to reply!!!!

Your words made me calmer. Still the same here, no cramps, no bleeding, lightbrown something, would say discharge now. Going to Epu tomoz morning still and keep you posted!

Thanks everyone again! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a urine infection at the moment and haven't bled, but every woman is different :). Good luck for monday :D

I have no advice for you but wanted to wish you the best for you scan today x

I had some bleeding a few weeks ago, went to epu for a scan and everything was fine. Goodluck for your scan today xxx

Good luck today hun!!! Fingers crossed that everything will be fine for you! xx

:dust:Went to Epu yesterday and saw the heartbeat!!!!! :dust::dust::dust:

They said I`ve a small haemorrhage next to the sac. Doesn`t sound too good but they said its very common. Anyone else had this girls?

MASSIVE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

YAY for seeing the heartbeat, pleased to hear everything is ok x

Brilliant news! I had an 8 week scan and the sonographer pointed out where I'd had a haemorrhage due to implantation. I didn't have any sort of implantation bleed. She described it as like a bruise that would be absorbed over time. Basically unless they tell you it's something to be concerned about don't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back