Bleeding @ 5 weeks... Going to be in total limbo for 2 more weeks!

I've just come out of the hospital and had a scan and BABY IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE!!! I can't even tell you how relieved I am! Was so freaked out this morning when my side hurt when the doctor pressed it, I was convinced ectopic.

The sonographer was lovely... It just looked like a black blob to me but the lady said she could see yolk sac, gestational sac and she thought the fetal pole too which she said looked like the right size for my dates. No heartbeat but she reassured me it is very early to see a heartbeat on ultrasound as I am only 5w and either 4 or 5 days, so I'm not too upset by this although it would have been nice. She offered me an internal scan to try and find the heartbeat but I was a bit reluctant in case it disrupts the healing process of my abnormal smear treatment with no guarantee of even finding one internally this early, so I'm just going back in 3 more weeks for another ultrasound. Its enough for me for the moment to know its not ectopic :D now just hang on little baba and get a good strong heartbeat please!

Thankyou all for your good wishes and finger crossing, its so much appreciated xxx

Really pleased for you sweetpea, now relax! Big hugs xxxxxx

Aww so pleased for u!! Glad u got good news xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Wonderful news, you must be so relieved! :)

oh Ams that is the best news!! Have to say my heart sunk when I read your post about pain in your shoulder, I was thinking ectopic too.

SO glad everything appears to be ok! Must be such a relief to you to know baby is in the right place and is viable. And no more blood is great!

YAY! xxx

OMG This is such great news, was very tense for you but glad to hear things are going well! I can relax now! xxx

Thanks so much girls! I have honestly never been so relieved in my life, I could have hugged the sonographer lady when she said everything was where it should be! I've been having niggly pain on and off in my left side for more than a week now and was a bit worried but just been trying to ignore it as its been fairly mild... but its got worse the last few days, and so when the shoulder pain started too I completely freaked out! If you google spotting/bleeding, pain on one side and shoulder pain all the websites point to ectopic, and I've had all three, not just one or two! So pretty scary stuff.

I actually think the shoulder pain is from using the computer at work now. Not sure about the pain in my side but the lady at the EPU said you can get pain from the ovary which released the egg, which I know was the left as I had ov pains a few weeks ago.

I know its still early days and not out of the woods yet, but i feel the most relaxed I've been ever since I got my BFP! It was so lovely to see 'something' there on the scan even though it was only a blob, I felt really emotional to think me and hubby made that and can't imagine how amazing it will be to see a proper baby!

Thankyou all so much for the support xxx

So glad all is ok! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So glad all is ok ams! I also had quite severe pains at around 5-6 weeks, and was really worried, but all was fine. So pleased for you that bubs is in the right place, and good news about another scan in 3 weeks too! you should see a heartbeat then :)

Thanks jayjay :)

Naomi - so scary isn't it! I'm really glad your little bean was okay too :D xxx

Can't remember if I've already posted but I'm glad all is ok!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27