First 3am panic call to the doctor..

Anderson

Reaction score
Woke up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom and there was bright red blood :shock: I got nauseated and light headed over it, so I called the on-call doctor. She said it was probably nothing to worry about since I wasn't having severe cramping and the bleeding didn't continue to stay heavy or continue period. But it still had me concerned...I mean why would there be BAM blood, then virtually nothing? :confused:

I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday to ease my mind, but even though she said she doubts it's a miscarriage I still am concerned a little bit. Not sure what the cause of the bleeding was and if I should take it easy the rest of the weekend. First week of January I had bleeding that bled through my jeans(I don't wear undies) and I also have had a random red blood bleed a couple weeks ago. As well as light pink spotting randomly(I had it 1 wipe yesterday). I had my early scan like 4 days ago and all was normal...She said some women just bleed, and maybe I'm one of them, but I don't like it..it's scares me.

i had the same thing. Went Tuesday for ultrasound and they est me at 5 weeks then Wednesday afternoon had a quick 10 min bleed of bright red, went to er, did blood work, ultrasound. found out I was 5 week 6 days, heart beat was there. They said i had a tear below and may bleed again but that the baby should be fine. Now i have had black discharge everyday nothing bad just when i whip. going to a new ob Monday and hope they tell me everything is ok. Praying for you also, hope all is ok.

Hope all is well!! Bleeding never really leaves anyone feeling anything less than nervous/scared. I have no idea about black discharge...You'll have to update to let me know if your LO is ok. :hug: Xx

I haven't had any clumps nor has it been thick or anything...but enough to make me wonder. But then it stops, I just wish there was a reason I could get as to why it happens. Only 9 1/2 weeks and the twins are already stressing their momma out!!

Thank you, I think everything is fine...I just want to be sure. I haven't had any spotting really since this morning. I know some women do bleed, and this is the 3rd time for me. But it's just scary... :(

Aw that must have been so scary! Fx for u xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I would feel exactly the same as you. The health service is fantastic where you are to be able to make an appointment within a couple of days. I'm sure you'll see two lovely beans bouncing away on Monday. xxx

Thank you :) I sure hope so...I'm being extra gentle now and have been checking the spotting constantly(maybe obsessively). I don't even want to leave the house, but I need to go out and get some bigger pants :/ otherwise I'll have to wait another week to get them. So hopefully it won't over exert me..I hate feeling scared to do anything.

My sister has quite a few bleeds during her twin pregnancy and my niece and nephew are now 2 and little monkeys lol xxx

Hope all is okay hun! I've heard a few stories of bleeding being fairly common too, and the fact that it was only light and you've already seen your babies on the scan with healthy heartbeats I'm sure means everything is fine!

I know how scary it is hun, I had a bit of bright red blood last week and totally TMI but I actually made my bits sore by going to the toilet every 5 mins to wipe and see if there was any more! Its horrible being on toilet-paper watch.

Fx you don't get any more hun! X

Thanks ladies! The twins are fine :D The only thing the doctor said was peculiar was that they looked to be different ages by a few days. He said it's possible that one was fertilized and then the other one was fertilized 24-48 hours later. He said everything looks good, both heart beats look/sound good. Kind of weird, but hopefully the little twin will keep trucking along strong along with the big LO :)

ams25 I get compulsive about wiping too when I have spotting lol! I swear I go through twice the paper because I am constantly checking, even when I don't have to pee :p

I think mummyto4 had the same thing with her twins, one was a bit bigger than the other. She is in tri 2 now so may be worth sending her a message or somethin?

Seems like pf has a tendency to have 2 twin pregnancies at the same time, first 1986princess and kerrykins. Now u and mummyto4!!

Hope all is goin well for u tho hunny xx

I had a heavy bleed at the weekend, I'm only carrying one but had a scan yesterday and LO is fine. It's amazing what our bodies and LOs can cope with. They are tough little soldiers. It's still extremely scary no matter if its a little or a lot of blood.

Pleased you're and your babies are ok, make sure you get a chance to properly rest xxx

So happy everything went well hon. Try to rest now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back