Bleeding @ 5 weeks... Going to be in total limbo for 2 more weeks!

ams25

Reaction score
Hi girls, Hope you're all doing well :)

I'm 4 weeks 6 days and feeling absolutely horrible, as I had some bright red bleeding this morning :( I've had very light pink spotting for the last 5 days but went to docs on thursday and she said it was nothing to worry about (most likely caused by some other treatment I had unrelated to the pregnancy). So I wasn't too bothered about that... But this morning when I went to the loo it was bright red :( it wasn't heavy, but definitely bleeding rather than spotting. I rang the doctor and she was lovely but said it is worrying. She basically it could be nothing, or it could be the start of a mc, and because I'm so early nobody will be able to tell me which! She said it would be best to think the worst and then if it all turns out okay then it will be a lovely surprise, but if not then we will be prepared. I'm being referred for an early scan at about 7 weeks, and I really don't know how I'm going to get through the next fortnight waiting for it, with no idea whether I'm still preg or not! Feel totally stuck in limbo and the idea of ever getting to the 'safer' Tri 2 seems like an impossible dream atm!

I am trying to hold on to the fact that I've had no cramps, and the bleeding went back to spotting again on my next trip to the loo (except its light red spotting now rather than pink). Did another clear blue digi today and got a 'pregnant 3+' which was really reassuring, as I'm pretty sure I'm not 5 weeks until tomorrow based on OPK's, so was expecting a '2-3'. I really don't know what to think, and I guess all I can do is hope

Don't even know why I am writing this really, just wanted to get it all out I suppose. Please keep your fingers crossed for us! Xxx

Aww Ams ... really sorry to hear you are stuck in limbo ... I'm living in total fear atm for no reason so can't imagine how you are feeling.

Fx for you hun :hugs:

Sorry to hear that. Will keep my fingers crossed everything is ok x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

got my fingers crossed for you hope everything goes ok x x

Last edited:
fingers crossed for you ams, hope everything is fine for you xx

Hi Ams, try not to worry easier said than done though. Fx crossed for you it will be ok!xxx

Hope everything is okay *fingers crossed* you will have to keep us updated!

Sorry your having such a worrying time, it will be a long 2 weeks to wait I know, but scanning before this may actually make you worry more as alot of the time, nothinan uh can be seen at this stage. I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.xx

Got my fingers crossed for you hun xx

Hope everything is OK Hun, look after yourself and I'm hoping the two weeks goes quickly for you x

Got everything crossef for you ams - try not to worry too much and look after yourself. :hugs:

Oh no Ams I am so sorry to hear that! I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Have you called your early pregnancy unit a call? They might be able to get you in earlier for a scan. Keeping everything crossed for you hun. X

Thanks so much everyone xxx

Lynds I asked my doctor about that hun but she said pretty much the same as Mishi- they probably wouldn't be able to give a definite answer before 7 weeks anyway. If they couldn't find a heartbeat at 6 weeks then they would probably say it could be too early and I'd just be asked to come back in a week or so and I would still be left none the wiser :( I would rather wait and know for sure I think. Plus I can't have an internal scan for another 10 days at least due to still healing from some abnormal smear treatment.

Trying to stay positive as I've not had any more actual bleeding and still no cramps, but still spotting very lightly. I just don't know what to think! There's a chance that even the red bleeding could be from the abnormal smear treatment and baba could be absolutely fine, but I am trying to accept that it might be a bad sign too. Bright red blood is surely not good. I guess its not in my hands, but I really appreciate all the finger-crossing and positive thoughts!

Probably won't post again for the next couple of weeks as I think I just need to try and forget that I am even preg until someone can tell me what's going on, but I will let you all know how I get on after scan. Fingers crossed I am back with some good news! And will still be lurking to see how everyone's getting on, good luck with all the upcoming scans and midwife appointments girls :)

Xxx

So sorry hun :hugs: cb digi sounds like a good sign. Fx all is ok x x

Thanks girls xxx

I had some more red bleeding last night, which went back to brown spotting this morning. Then red bleeding again mid-morning, and now hardly anything again :( I don't understand why its stopping and starting. Still no cramps (yet - please god keep it that way!), just a mild niggly feeling.

I did another preg test this morning (internet cheapy) and got a really strong line, darker than control. I don't really think it tells me anything though... If my hcg levels have started going down then it would take a while for it to be reflected in a test wouldn't it?

Hubbys at work so I'm sat Googling stuff and making myself feel worse which I need to STOP doing! Just feel totally alone from a medical point of view... Its like the doctors/hospital don't care if you're under 7 weeks or so. I know there's nothing they can really do, but its horrible just being left to wait and see! My hubby is amazing though, he's being a total rock even though I can tell he's worried and upset too. He says that if by some miracle the baby is okay then its grounded until its 26 for upsetting its mummy like this, lol. And if its not okay then he's reminding me that we were incredibly lucky to concieve 2nd month of trying (which I never thought would happen!), and we will pick ourselves up and try again. I'm back at work tomorrow so hopefully that will make the next 10 days or so go more quickly until I can be scanned.

Sorry for the rambling girls, I hope this hasn't upset anyone! I don't mind if nobody replies, don't think there's anything that can be said really but it is helping me loads to get it all out and written down! Not sure if I should be posting somewhere else really, but I don't feel like I fit into the MC section either as I don't know if its a MC or not, and I still have a little glimmer of hope that it might be okay.

Thankyou for bearing with me and I will keep you all updated x

Oh ams Im so sorry for what you are going through ... i have everything crossed for you hun xxxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back