Bit of a poo day

orangefluff

Reaction score
I'm at home in bed when I should be at work as feel so rubbish.
For a couple of days I've had a dull aching pain in my left side low down and some smaller shooting pains in tummy. Yesterday I went to see the doc for some swabs for something else and she said that it looked like I had a polyp at the neck of my womb and there was some bleeding when she took the swabs. She said it should be nothing to worry about but to ring the EPU if I have any probs.
Last night I was very uncomfortable and the pains were a bit worse (prob due to having the doc poking around in there!). Went to bed early but woke up at 4am worrying. I called the EPU as soon as I got to work to see if they could give any advice or move my scan forward. I was put on a goose chase basically and had to explain myself to several differnt people, feeling more emotional and frustrated everytime. Finally I called the M/W as got nowhere with the hospital, and had to leave a message.
Shortly after this my department had to go to another department for a tour and explanation of what they do (IT so didn't have a clue what they were talking about!).
Halfway through I started to feel sick and it got worse and worse and my whole body was sweating and I felt hot and cold at the same time. When I started seeing white spots and shaking I whispered to my colleague that I really didnt feel good - she must have seen it and took me outside straight away thankfully. I had to go back to my building and sit with my head between my knees for ages before I started feeling better again but still not good at all.
Called the M/W again and she was really nice but just said for me to hang in there until the scan next week unless I had any real bleeding and that I probably had low blood pressure/blood sugar levels. She said I should go home and rest. Went to tell my line manager and burst into tears straightaway - think he was quite happy for hormonal old me to go home!!
I know I'm probably just having a bad day but the episode really scared me. I just want to stay here tucked up safe until the scan but I know I cant!
Sorry to go on :lol:

Oh hun, that sounds so horrible. Really, really hope you're okay xx

Sounds abit like hypoglaecaemia hun. You feel like you're going to pass out, feel clammy sweaty and weak - right?

Your blood sugar levels are dipping, you may need to monitor this. I had this in my last pg and it started at this number of weeks.

If it happens again, eat some chocolate (carry a bar with you) followed by some full fat coke to boost your sugar level. Follow that by a sandwich, banana, glass of milk to then maintain your sugar level.

Start eating little and often to keep your blood sugar levels even.

As for the other things I'm sure if there was any problems you'd be bleeding outwardly so try not to worry hun xx

Thats great advice from Mamafy :) Hope you feel better tomorrow :hug:

Thanks everyone and Mamafy esp, great advice - yes it was exactly like that. I know I should be eating more often, I'm tending to push the need to the back of my mind and then end up feeling more sick. I work an hour away from home and there is only a rubbish little shop at work which isn't open often so I hav found myself with nothing to eat when I need it - must stock up with stuff to take to work on a Monday.

I have been sleeping for last couple hours and still feel pretty sick, don't really want to at but OH is making some pasta so will force some down.

I know I shouldn't worry about the other stuff too much, I think I'm just feeling pretty emotional and that's making me worry more. I just want to know there really is a LO in there, won't properly believe it until I see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back