An emotional day..............

lulu

Reaction score
hi Everyone,

Well, Thursday Morning, its 3am and I wake up to feel wet down below. When I pulled back the covers to look there was blood everywhere!!! :shock:
I was horrified, and as usual my partner was on night shift 30 miles away (things always happen when he is on nights)
I had a bleed at 15 weeks with my 1st pregnancy, so at first I was thinking-maybe its just something I experience in pregnancy, but then came the pains! horrible period pains, it just felt like everything was falling away inside!!!

Anyway,after ringing nhs direct, because of the pain, they put me in contact with the emergency gp. He said I had to go to the hospital in catterick (a small hospital) and he was going to check if it was eptopic. So along we went - poor jack was woken up and taken out in the cold but was so good, bless him!
The doctor had a feel round my tummy and said he did not think it was eptopic and referred me onto the main hospital at Northallerton.

Got to the well women's ward at 5.30-6am. They did an examination, an internal and swabs, bloods etc- it was so painful and uncomfortable. I was so upset by this point and my partner had taken the little one home so I was alone.
The doctor was an Indian lady and she said they were going to do a pregnancy test as I may not be pregnant after all!!!??? :shock: she also said that she still couldn't rule out eptopic pregnancy and a possible abortion due to the coil being removed back in September!!, and when I asked her if there could be any other reason for the bleeding she basically shook her head and kept saying 'miscarriage!!!'

I was so upset, horrified!!!

Any way I was admitted to the ward and I just lay there and cried. I was due to have a scan but had to wait until 10.30. The bleeding had stopped by now.

I went down for my scan and 3 nurses/doctors were looking at the scan but not telling me anything, I looked at their faces to see if I could make anything out from their expressions, but nothing, so I said, 'well'? and she said 'oh there is a baby there', and I said 'is it ok'? and she said 'oh yes its got a strong heart beat!' and then she let me see the baby.
I just cried and cried with relief, he/she waved at me and it was so amazing. I was a little upset as my partner was not there but at least all was ok.

They were talking of keeping me in but eventually i went home at 4pm, still no explanation as to why I had the bleed!!!

Im still a little worried but after seeing the baby I feel so much better and actually feel pregnant!!!

I have a due date of 28th June so I am 12 weeks today!!! :dance: :D

What an experience!

I am so glad that it all worked out great in the end. I was getting upset reading it. Thank God happy endings can exist!

I hope you are resting now.

Sophs x

Om my god, it sounds like you've been through hell babe... Fingers crossed that everything from here goes ok for you....x.....

OMG, you must have been so scared, im glad all is ok though :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: So glad you had a happy ending. You little baby must be a real fighter!

It's reassuring for all of us also that just because we may bleed and have some pain it doesn't always mean the worst xx

That was one of the main reasons I thought I would share my experience with you guys, hopefully it may reassure people going through the same experiences!!

That must have been dreadful for you.

Thank goodness everything is OK with your LO.

Grrr I wish ppl didnt have to bleed when preggo! How worrying it must have been for you, so glad all is well for you, hopefully there will be no more blood loss...'

x

So glad everything is OK hun!

My birthday is 28th June :D

I'm almost too scared to write anything unless I tempt fate. Just to update you guys- no more bleeding since last week, a few pains, but I think, and hope, that's normal. mainly when I'm bending down a lot like putting jacks toys away.

The only thing is, I am finding it hard to relax, keep thinking things will go wrong or I will bleed again, I said I would be more relaxed this time round too!!! :wall:

Hi

To reasure you a bit more, excactly the same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with Joanna, I was 9 weeks pregnant by then and I was so convinced i'd misscarried because of all the blood, clots and pain and like you spent a lot of time crying and as a christian I was mad with God but then the next day I had a scan after spending the night in hospital and Joanna was still there with a very strong hb. Like you I got no explanation as to why I had the bleeed, a few weeks later I had another scan and my placenta was then noticed as being low and was told I would need another scan at a later stage to see if it had corrected or not, had a later scan and it has corrected and went on to give normal birth at the normal time and a very healthy little girl. Take things easy as much as you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back