Birthing ball

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
So I haven't actually got a birthing/exercise ball but I have the next best thing... Laceys space hopper lol

From what week do you start bouncing on it, for how long at a time? And what is it meant to do?!

not sure lovely but would like to know, you have given me the idea to use the kids space hopper 2 lol thats if i can fit on it

Haha I tried it the other day and it's actually quite comfy but Lacey wasn't very impressed that I was sat on it! Lol

lol yeah im sure my kids will think it odd mummy bouncing in the house on there hopper lol

I think you can use it anytime but I'm not sure. I've used mine from 34 weeks more to relieve my back pain than bounce, I prefer to sit on it than the couch and I lean on it quite a lot. I find sitting and rocking on it helps my back too.

i bounce on mine a little now and again perhaps 30 min a day x

Where did you all get your balls from as they are so expensive in mothercare!!!!!! And i don't have a space hopper available........

Ive been using it for the past 3 days just to try and get baby in the correct position. I wish I had started sooner because it is so much more comfortable! :)

Where did you all get your balls from as they are so expensive in mothercare!!!!!! And i don't have a space hopper available........

Like vix said, Argos do them but I'm not sure how much for. I've seen them in other places for as little as £6!!

I got mine from Sports direct for £6 x

Tescos £5 for a workout ball. You just sit and bounce if you like.
Here's a few exercises you can do:
bounce and control yourself to stop dead whilst bouncing, so 5 bounced then stop dead. This helps your core muscles contract and strengthen.
Sitting on the ball, walk down so the ball is on your back and your legs are bent. Rock in as out bending and staightening your legs, this is a leg exercise. When youfeel comfy with that, take one leg away and do it 1 legged. Very good for balance and core, only do it if you feel you can.
Sitting on the ball, hold a can of baked beans in each hand, keep arms straight down beside you,then lift both arms up to shoulder level, then back down. Repeat 15-20 times. This strengthens shoulders.

I've got hundreds more, so pm me If any of you want more. Sorry that they may not make sense as it's hard to describe with out demonstrating. I teach a class on the fit balls 2x a week. Feel free to ask! Xx

i bought mine in argos 5-6 pounds..

I cant sit on mine and bounce if i dont wear a bra tho as its killing my back.
but its sooo comfy to sit on and stetch out on!

I'm too scared to use one because midwife said little man's engaged and I'm scared that bouncing will make him come prematurely. o_0 Yes. I am insane. XD

Andy bought me one from Birth-Ease £18 :eh: Oooops bless him. Ive only been on it twice since! Its mega comfy tho!!! xxx

just looked argos have 2 different ones for 4.99!! think i might get one instead of the spacehopper

I have to admit I sat on the space hopper earlier and it wasn't as comfy as last week! Might just get an exercise ball lol

I'm too scared to use one because midwife said little man's engaged and I'm scared that bouncing will make him come prematurely. o_0 Yes. I am insane. XD

Thats the reason I won't be using one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back