Birthing balls?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
Are these specific for pregnancy? I stole my brothers hopper thing (like a massive ball with ears you can bounce around with!!) and I can't see how it would be any different. I also have an exercise ball but that's quite small. Just wondering what other people have? Xx

mines just an exercise ball - 6 quid from Asda and its been great! x

Is the idea you bounce on it to try and bring on labour/ get baby in right position?

I think that will be my buy this week.. :). I know MW said its great for when in labour as certain postions will help bring baby down so labour goes quicker!

Last edited:
i used to sit on mine while watching tv as it was sooo comfy lol x

my ds rolled my MIL of mine today she ended up in a heap on the kitchen floor lol thats what happens when you trust a 3 year old when they say they will hold it still pmsl im finding better things to do with my ball :rofl:

my ds rolled my MIL of mine today she ended up in a heap on the kitchen floor lol thats what happens when you trust a 3 year old when they say they will hold it still pmsl im finding better things to do with my ball :rofl:

Hehe, I'd pay good money to see my MIL fall off the ball and end up in a heap on the floor! :) x

my other ds helped her up saying poor nanna whilst i giggled a little ok ok i giggled alot lol

I had one last time , I just bought a yoga ball . I used it to try to get baby into the right position as I was back to back . I used to also use it to practice birthing positions and in labour I used it for pain relief and to get things moving .There are great instructions online about how to sit on it and how to rock on it in a certian way to help baby move down the birth canal .

I'm just going to use my exercise ball. I really need to dig it out and blow it up. Lol at using a space hopper! That sounds better fun than an exercise ball! I haven't been on a space hopper for years and at least you have the ears to hold onto as well! :D

Xx

My midwife told me to get a hopper this time so i wouldn't waste my money coz my son could okay with it to x

ooohhh...good tip about looking online to find videos/ pics of how to make labour easier using it! thanks! xx

I can't see why a space hopper would be any different :lol: I really want a ball! I think OH's sister is giving me hers... i'll be scared i burst it and end up on the floor lol. xxx

I've got a yoga ball, which looks smaller than the actual pregnancy balls but I can't see the problem... they all do the same job haha!

at our antenatal class they told us it needs to be either a 65cm ball or a 75cm one if u buy an exercise ball as ur hips need to be above ur knees for best position & on a 55cm standard on once ur weight goes into the ball it makes knees at same height as hips so no use.
Also to get a non slip one as some exercise balls are smooth & no good for labour ward floors as u wont have an exercise mat to rely on to stop u slipping.
I got mine from TK MAXX 4 quid for a 65cm ball (75cm is if ur over 5ft8 i think they said) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back