• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth Partners

purplehippy

Reaction score
How many of you have been a birth partner?

How many of you have had or are planning to have a or some birth partners as well as or instead of the baby's father/your partner?

I'm just curious.

I had wanted my mum outside the room incase, with my first, but she turned up just after I gave birth.

This time, Martin will be with me. My best male friend said he would do it if I asked and Martin wasn't available but I know he's hoping Martin will be available and also he's a few hundred miles away!

I haven't been one but I would love to!! I'm alredy priming my girls for whan their older lol "You'll want mummy there won't you lolol"

It was 50/50 on tues, whether I was being birth partner or if baby's father was doing it - for my friend. He's got one of those 'dry' sense of humours, and my friend said would I do it if he was staying home. I definitely would have done. I'd have loved to be an assistant in antenatal etc, but I'm not a people person. And I don't think I'd instil confidence into prospective parents...

I had only my mum the first time but this time I'm just having my other half :). I don't care how scared he is of hospitals and medical stuff, he is coming and that is that.. :lol:

Last edited:
Im the first out of my friends to have a baby so ive never been asked to be a birth partner. As for mine I just want hubby there. Hes as excited as I am about the arrival of our son so itll be special to share the experience. I think its great that some ladies have their mums in with them, but for me it wiereds me out the thought of my mum seeing my froof in all its glory, lol. Anyway, my mums on fur-baby watch when i go into hospital :~)

I was my friends birthing partner 7 years ago and it was an amazing experience.
I don't have an OH but one of my closest friends is going to be my birthing partner!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I want hubby in with me, and I expect mum and dad will be eagerly waiting outside lol

Ive never been a birth partner, all my friends had their other halfs in with them and then we went along once they called to say baby had arrived

I want OH there, my mam said she wasn't coming in at first because she can't stand seeing labour on tv! lol. She has now said she will come in but not for the pushing bit :(

I am having just my OH, to be honest I'm the same as Natevz I wouldn't want my mum there. Not just because I'd be embarrassed but because she tends to want to interfere all the time and I think she would try to cut OH out to be honest. I think she would annoy me more than she would do good.

I am having just my OH, to be honest I'm the same as Natevz I wouldn't want my mum there. Not just because I'd be embarrassed but because she tends to want to interfere all the time and I think she would try to cut OH out to be honest. I think she would annoy me more than she would do good.

Lol I think id end up hitting my mum cos she nags all the time too!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Just my OH for this one!

My Mum had her chance when I had my son 11 years ago and the dippy mare did not eat all day and passed out so she missed as they had to take her to A&E - I would like drama free this time please! Only had my Mum there that time becuase I was young, scared and my OH at the time was a right useless twonk

xx

I'm having my OH and thats it! I'm not close to my Mum at all so wouldn't want her with me and there's no way my MIL is seeing my bits (lovely as she is lol). My hospital is pretty strict and doesn't let people wait outside for when baby is born. They also don't let friends/family's children on the ward after the birth! They'll all just have to wait until we're home!

xxx

I'm having my OH and thats it! I'm not close to my Mum at all so wouldn't want her with me and there's no way my MIL is seeing my bits (lovely as she is lol). My hospital is pretty strict and doesn't let people wait outside for when baby is born. They also don't let friends/family's children on the ward after the birth! They'll all just have to wait until we're home!

xxx

I wish that was the case with ours. I'm not going to tell my mum I'm in labour unless I have to as she will be waiting outside the door, telling the midwifes what to do! Then when she's born she'll be telling me how wrong I'm doing things, so I'd rather wait until I've got used to the fact I've got a baby before mum gets there!

i live far away from my family and closest friends so i cant ask any of them to be there even though id love to :-( im sure my OH will be fine though x

never been a birth partner :(

on my 1st i had babys dad his mum and my mum
on my 2nd i had babies dad his mum and his sister
on my 3rd i had babies dad and my mum
on 4th just my dh
and on this 1 it will just be my dh too

I will just be having my OH there. Kinda wanted my mum there too but think my OH just wants it to be our moment so I'm praying that she will get to hospital for visiting first to see the baby as I am very close to my mum. And don't live as close to her as I would like. My mil lives round the corner and I'm quite concerned that she won't leave me alone to get on with it. It probably sounds selfish and ungrateful but I want my mum not someone elses x

Im quite relieved after reading these posts, that its not just me who does not want my mum anywhere near me!! She lives around a 4 hr drive away anyway, and she faffs around me at the best of times, and her even being in the same building would make my blood pressure go through the roof!

My OH will be there, obviously, but im also having my cousin as my 2nd birth partner - we are very close, and I know she will be a very calming influence on my hubby. She also lives 4 hr drive away so I just hope she makes it in time!
x

I will just be having my OH there. Kinda wanted my mum there too but think my OH just wants it to be our moment so I'm praying that she will get to hospital for visiting first to see the baby as I am very close to my mum. And don't live as close to her as I would like. My mil lives round the corner and I'm quite concerned that she won't leave me alone to get on with it. It probably sounds selfish and ungrateful but I want my mum not someone elses x

It's not selfish, it's probably going to be hard enough without unwanted extras! My MIL desperately wants to be down the business end at the birth, but I've told her in no uncertain terms that won't be happening. I lost my mam recently and she's the only person I would want apart from my hubby, so though I do feels pangs of selfishness in denying her "her only dream", it's not happening!

Too right cantstop! Your the one in labour so your choice who is there also. I'm not even sure how many people I'm allowed at the birth. But I do see where my OH is coming from, its our moment to share together.
My MIL has done some stuff already which I find too much e.g bought her own bottles and steriliser and changing bag! She was also wanting to but those things you carry baby on your front for herself. I think she thinks that she will have him all the time. Not happening! X

I could really only have OH there, im very very self concious so I will struggle with the doctors seeing my foof never my mind my mum or friends or any of that :lol: I won't care by the time im there I bet. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back