Birth - Natural? Section? Pain relief?

I have no idea what labour has in store for me so I'm keeping an open mind :)

I've done/doing everything I can to make the process easier and quicker so hopefully some of it will work!

This will be my first and last baby (unless we have anymore surprises!!!) so I'm opting for an au natural homebirth with G&A on standby if I really need it :)

We are using massage, breathing excersises, aromatherapy and I'm also planning on an active labour. I don't intend to use any medical pain relief unless we have to be transferred to a hospital

xX

with katie i had g&a and pethidine, but i only really had the pethidine to take the edge off a bit so i could sleep cos by that point i'd been up for like 30+ hours!! that wore off pretty quick and for the last couple of hours i was in the pool and didnt have anything, the odd puff of g&a, but i didnt really need it. be warned tho, when they examine you afterwards, you'll bloody need it :rofl:

this time i've read a bit about painrelief free birthing and stuff, and am hoping to do it with just g&a.

i was like tonks tho, i went into a world of my own, OH wasnt allowed to touch me or talk to me or anythin :lol: i was like a wild cat taking themselves off to do it in private!

rofl, i think i got my wish with pain-relief free birthing :lol:

with katie i had g&a and pethidine, but i only really had the pethidine to take the edge off a bit so i could sleep cos by that point i'd been up for like 30+ hours!! that wore off pretty quick and for the last couple of hours i was in the pool and didnt have anything, the odd puff of g&a, but i didnt really need it. be warned tho, when they examine you afterwards, you'll bloody need it :rofl:

this time i've read a bit about painrelief free birthing and stuff, and am hoping to do it with just g&a.

i was like tonks tho, i went into a world of my own, OH wasnt allowed to touch me or talk to me or anythin :lol: i was like a wild cat taking themselves off to do it in private!

rofl, i think i got my wish with pain-relief free birthing :lol:

:lol: I'd say so xx

I was given pethidine (really didnt want it) as the midwife said it would help my labour to progress. My waters had broken at home and contractions were 5mins apart - then the hind waters broke when I got to hospital and baby had done a poo inside me. I then had an epidural when it got really bad which lasted until I was 8cm dilated so I just had gas and air then which made me vomit. I really think that with more focus and encouragement I could do it with just that or even without - it hurt like hell in the night but perhaps with some hypnobirthing prep it would be somehow easier to deal with. I ended up having an emergency c-section after my temperature shot up and baby's heartbeat increased :(

I would like a natural birth just gas and air! I'm looking in to hypnobirthing and acupunture fir the weeks before! I've had pethadine wen had a mmc and it was a odd feeling and I don't think I'd have it again! I'd love a water birth but our hospital is 1st come 1st served so not going to set my heart on one!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back