What pain relief ?

I want to try the birthing pool - plan to spend as much time in water as possible & then gas & air.

I don't want to have an epidural.

I had paracetamol, bath, gas and air, then transferred to birth pool still on the gas and air :) Would recommend it.

ella said:
Im not deciding until the day, but im not ruling anything out. Will try gas and air and maybe pethidine and see how it goes

I think that is the way to go - you never know what's going to happen.

My MW massaged my back during contractions and that was heaven.

as natural as possible but i'm not ruling anything out!!

Thanks girls. :hug:
Glad I'm not the only one that's a bit wimpish when it comes to pain. xx

I just had gas & air. It worked really well when I was about 3-4cm but because I was induced the conractions came really strong and fast, but by the time they'd got the pethidine sorted out it was too late to use it! I practically swallowed the mouthpiece lol...it took the edge off those last big contractions but it did make me feel a bit sick and I had a dry throat, and I felt really out of it when they gave me LO, which I regret.
I thought about requesting an epidural for the next one but I fancy a home birth - at least I know I can cope with it now lol :D

I have decided that when i go in to labour i will have what i feel like i need at the time.

hannah_1993 said:
I have decided that when i go in to labour i will have what i feel like i need at the time.
that is the best way! Keep an open mind and take what you need at the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back