'Big girl' pjamas?

Claire123

Reaction score
When did everyone start putting their babys in proper 2 piece pj's rather than babygrows? We have babygrows to do us up until 12 months but I don't know weather I should get for 12-18 months or just get some proper pj's? Bearing in mind she turns 1 in january so will be chilly through the night? Growing up way to fast :( xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've been putting Spencer in them since he was 3 months old but mostly cause I think in looks cute! There's on reason not to keep using sleep suits though!

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

We're using a mixture of sleepsuits and PJ's up until he is about 1, then we will go to mainly PJ's (we have 4 sleepsuits size 12-18m)

I'll save the sleepsuits for when it is proper cold but otherwise he'll have socks on and be in a 2.5tog Gro-bag so he should be fine.

PJ's are just easier now is he is crawling and by the time he grows out of his current clothes he should be on the road to walking and PJ's are easier.

We wear PJ's around the house at the moment as he seems most comfy in them!

xxxxx

We used sleep suits until we ran out. Had a few 12-18months but once summer arrived we put her in PJs. She was born in feb so kept her in sleep suits until it got warmer and then got the PJs out. Was bit sad as she won't be in sleep suits anymore, she no longer a baby :-( but PJs are so much easier! No poppers!!!!!! Xx

We started them about 3mnths cause she was long and the legs started getting tight

She has some 9-12 sleepsuits and the legs are so long on her now she trips over them.

We started with pyjamas at around 3-6 months and bought ones that had feet but once she got to 6 months I bought ones without the feet and she now mainly wears the 2 piece pjs.
We have a few sleep suits but now she is crawling she ends up out of the legs and in the body bit! Very funny but she gets very frustrated.

Not sure what ill do in the winter as I'm not sure shell enjoy being in a grow bag in the night. x

We still use a mix of both at 12 months. I love babies in sleepsuits so will probably keep using them til they dont do her size! X

I use a mix of long PJ's or short ones in the summer and footless sleep suits and she's nearly 2

Mummy to Grace - 26/10/2011
Preggers & due - 02/05/2014

Thanks girls, I dont know if I can bear to part with the sleepsuits yet! Mabey we will do a mixture once she is 1, gonna have to invest in a couple of fleecey onesies aswell I think, our house can be freezing in winter ! X

We had fleecey onesies for the winter she turned 1 for our lazy days indoors but she never slept in them, read something about them not being able to sweat & cool down if they got too hot when sleeping. Great for sofa snuggles though & poorly winter days :)

Mummy to Grace - 26/10/2011
Preggers & due - 02/05/2014

Oh thanks for letting me know! Yeah as you say they will be really god for sofa days! Xx

Don't want to scare anyone here but something came up on my Facebook the other day about a toddler almost choking in a fleece zip up onesie in bed. He's got up onto his knees and kind of got stuck inside the onesie- as there was no give in the neck it was choking him but luckily his mum heard him on the monitor and got there in time xx

Kaiden Stanley 27/09/12- the missing piece of mine & daddy's jigsaw is now complete. You are my life xXx

ive used both since birth love how easy it is to change nappies, without the poppers etc, and there sooooo cute xx

I used pjs from 12 months and actually they are so much easier, can quickly change nappy without the hassle of poppers etc.
I also saw the report about a baby choking in a sleep suit, I can see how it could happen tbh but the sleep suit must have been on the small side.
She still wears sleep suits but when we're having a play day at home as her legs get cold rolling around on the floor and its more comfy than dresses and skirts which constantly ride up x

-----------------------------
Baby 2 - edd 12/05/14
Xanthe Rose - 09/07/12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER