up in the night

jennywren

Reaction score
oran has never been a good sleeper and I bet I can count on one hand the amount of times he has slept through, he did however start getting a littler better once we started control crying where if he woke in the night he would just get himself back off to sleep himself, this was great for about 2-3 weeks then it all went down hill again and the past 4-6 weeks he wakes in the night, mostly for about 1-2hours, he tosses and turns till he eventually starts crying, after about an hour to hour and a half I give up, bring him in to bed till he falls asleep and then put him back in his cot. Its so tiring that at 9 months nearly he still isnt having a proper nights sleep, Im back to work this week and Im going to be working 12 hour shifts, if Im up in the night with him as well dont know how Im going to cope.

We have tried more food etc but just dont know what else to try. Do you think maybe once he is in his own room and knows were not there to annoy till we get him up he will start sleeping through

ARRRRGGGGHHHH HELP

idk sorry millie stopped sleepin thru at 4 months :(

sounds exactly the same as my daughter. Im still not sure if its seperation anixerty or hunger or both.

plus when she goes to sleep of a night its always in my arms, and i then place her in the cot. I think ive done wrong doing it this way as now when she wakes up and im not there its a massive problem. She will never go to sleep by herself.
And i get so emotinal when we've tried controled crying. Hannah can cry for 2 hours straight. Its just too much. Im an emotinal wreck as it is right now. (hornmoans and lack of sleep) hearing her cry for that long is just too much right now.

Sorry i really cant help but im sending you hugs and sypathy :hug: :hug:

How much sleep is he having during the day Jenny?

Sorry Jennywren I don't have an answer but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone :hug: Poppy is in our room and will wake up in the middle of the night and just won't settle so I also bring her into my bed to settle her and then put her back in her cot. We are hopefully putting her in her own room on Monday and I'm keeping my fingers, arms, toes, legs and eyes crossed that she will sleep through. I'll let you know. If you do find a solution then let me know and I'll be your friend forever!! :D

I think his own room would stop any disturbance from yourselves yes, if that is disturbing him, is he an inquisitive LO?
Wanted to pass on these, really hope he settles back down for you, sleep deprivation isn't nice I know :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Austin has only just started sleeping through, and will still wake up 1 night in 4.

Do you still offer him milk during the night? If so, start just offering water as he may not think it's worth crying for just water.

What time do you put him to bed? We used to put Austin down at 8 but he took ages to settle so we now put him down at 9 and he goes straight off. Do you have a proper bed time routine (eg. bath, story, milk, bed)

How does he sleep during the day? I find that Austin sleeps better at night if he's slept well during the day too. He will generally have 2 60-90 minute naps a day although sometimes sleeps for up to 2 1/2 hours at a time.

I really think being in his own room will help too as you won't disturb each other.

I can really sympathise as Austin has only started sleeping since Christmasso I had nearly 9 months of waking up! And as I said even now he'll have a bad night and either wake up 3 times or wake once and refuse to settle.

sorry. im pretty lucky.

i put riley to bed and then give him a last feed at 10.30. he usually wakes up once atm, and i give him his dummy back and he goes back off again.

hope you get it sorted. poor you, sleepless nights are horrible arent they. :hug:

Thanks everyone for your advice / comments.

Rachelandjarvis : Oran used to go to sleep in our arms, we stayed strong and did the control crying and afetr 4-5 nights he went to sleep with no crying, no rocking, just in the cot, chatted for a few minutes then goes off so If you can manage the CC it might work for you, that side of things did for us!

LucyBee - He has between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 hours in 2 seperate naps

nefisher - you will have to let me know if her own room sorts poppy out, although hopefully should only be a few weeks now till oran can have his own room!

maybebaby - He hasnt had milk in the night since about 5 months, he pretty much stopped drinking it, had cut right down to 1-2 oz so i cut it out. He goes to bed most nights between 7.30 and 8pm and we have a proper routine most nights (unless were out for some reason) so usually its 6.30 bath, out and dressed for bed by 7pm, little play with mummy & daddy (reading books etc) 7.30 in to bedroom, just lamp, read a story, lamp off, milk and then in to cot, he pretty much goes straight off to sleep.
Generally in the day he is ok with his sleeping (again unless Im out for the day where he will then just nap as he wont have longer than 20-30 minutes when in his buggy or on me) he usually has 2 sleeps, one about 10am for 1 to 1.5 hours and then once about 1.30-2pm for anything from 1.5 to 2 hours. I really hope your right about being in his own room!!

Kelso66 - yup sleepless nights are the worst!

he actually did better last night, slept from 8pm till 4am, woke for a few mins I put my hand in the cot to pat his back for a second and he went back off till 7am. It will be a 1 off though no doubt! Thing is now he can sit himself up from laying down he does it in his sleep, the night before and just now for his nap, he has sat himself up, when i have come to lay him down he is like a dead weight, cries with his eyes shut but goes straight back off once laid down - nutter!!

thanks

Glad you had a better night. We're pretty much on the same boat at the moment. Jude slept through from 11 ish weeks, but for last couple of months he's waking every night without fail. He gets very agitated and there's nothing we can do with him. Tried milk, cuddling, ignoring etc. He just cries , so we end up bringing him into bed. Usually this settles him but not always, then we end up with no sleep anyway! He goes down about 9 with not too much fuss, but we're lucky if he sleeps for an hour during the day- 2 x half hour naps. He's always been the same. I envy mums of babies who will nap!!

I do sympathise, it's very draining ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back