Bfp or not?

HelenJ

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

i did a pregnancy test on friday (12dpo) and it was positive (not extremely dark), now at 14dpo I have some brown spotting and my temp dropped a bit this morning (but not incredibly low), I have a crampy like feeling but also tense breasts. Does this mean it will go down the drain? Should I do a test again tomorrow (15dpo) or jist wait out beause of the spotting? Does this mean af is on her way?

Hiya,

First of all I'd say that if you got a positive then you are definitely pregnant. So, it could be one of two things. It could be that you're getting breakthrough bleeding, which can happen around the time your period is due. Or, it could unfortunately mean that you're at the start of a chemical miscarriage and that the spotting will turn into full on bleeding. You could go to the doctor for a blood test. They'd take you blood and you'd go back in again 48 hours later and they'd tell you if your HCG levels are going up (pregnancy) or down (miscarriage). They could also do a scan, but it'll be too early to see much, especially as there won't be a heartbeat at the stage. So, as hard as it is, I'd wait it out for a bit, or else go to see your doctor for a blood test. I hope it works out.

A

Hiya,

First of all I'd say that if you got a positive then you are definitely pregnant. So, it could be one of two things. It could be that you're getting breakthrough bleeding, which can happen around the time your period is due. Or, it could unfortunately mean that you're at the start of a chemical miscarriage and that the spotting will turn into full on bleeding. You could go to the doctor for a blood test. They'd take you blood and you'd go back in again 48 hours later and they'd tell you if your HCG levels are going up (pregnancy) or down (miscarriage). They could also do a scan, but it'll be too early to see much, especially as there won't be a heartbeat at the stage. So, as hard as it is, I'd wait it out for a bit, or else go to see your doctor for a blood test. I hope it works out.

A

Thank you for the comment :) I guess I will wait and see if my temp goes up again and if there is nothing else of bleeding I will do a test. Where I live one does not get a bloodtest done (without paying for it yourself) so I won't be doing that.

I have to admit I've no idea what the temperatures mean, but I'm sure you do! I really hope things go ok for you. Maybe someone else will post later with some thoughts. :)

I would wait out the brown spotting then do another test. I had brown spotting for a good week or so after my BFP but just incase, you dont want to give yourself false hope.

Good luck xxx

The temperature drop ment indeed af, it came during the night so unfortunately out for this try (but it was a long shot and I still think it might have been an anovulairy cycle since my temps went up and down every down and fluctuated but whole degrees.) Also no cerbical mucous whatsoever. So I am hoping this cycle will be Normal again (and a lucky one).

Thank you for the lovely comments :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back