Can't resist symptom spotting anymore!

mustard

Reaction score
I've been doing so well at not looking for symptoms but today I have well and truly failed. Last night I had the odd sharp crampy pain but only when I was thinking about pregnancy and I had eaten too much so I don't think that was anything. Today my temps dipped back below the coverline which they normally only do on the day I get AF but its too early for AF I'm only 8dpo. Then this afternoon I got mild AF like cramps and thought I was just getting early AF but no bleeding or spotting or anything. Went home and googled (I know I shouldn't) but read about implantation dip and wondering if it could be that. No spotting though.

Any ideas girls? Does anyone know anything about an implantation dip? I've never had a dip in temp in my luteal phase before but I know you should never just look at one temp to mean anything.

Also I have been doing realy forgetful and silly things today, but that is probably just me being daft.

Last edited:
DONT GOOGLE LOL :)

If you have never experienced a dip in your luteal phase then it could be a good thing.

In 6 mths of charting i feel like i have had everything that points to a BFP, but as you say yourself, never take 1 temp as anything, it could be for many reasons.

I hope as you have never had this before that it is a good thing for you and points to a BFP

Good Luck
Cande

Thanks cande. I've been charting since January because I was getting irregular cycles after coming off the pill and I think I've got the hang of it generally but my boday does like to play funny tricks on me. It's hard not to get excited though. Especially as this month looks like it might be a good BFP month :dust::dust:

Mustard

I know that feeling :)

My body is wicked, leads me to believe something thats no there iykwim.

In saying that i really am rooting for you, hope its a BFP hun xxxx

the implantation dip always gets me - I get a dip day 6-9 9 times out of 10. But I get a lot of random dips and spikes.

Everything else sounds great. I know we say not to symptom spot, but it is kind of fun...we've been trying 11 months today and it's nice to live the dream for a few days every month...

Scotch egg

Im so with you on that, but wat a big let down wen AF decides to arrive on her big fat ugly broomstick.

So wished i ad the positivity others ad.

Good luck cande xx

I guess I always get such a strong sign that AF's coming that she's never arrived and taken me by surprise - I get a day or two of slow realisation first...

Oh my god mustard I'm so excited for uuuuuu!
R u going to test after tomoro, I'm only 9 dpo and got faint bfp, do u tnk u cann wait til friday, or be eeeeven stronger n wait till a week after ur af datwe?
I couldn't resist not knowing today, but darent tell hubby I got the line!! Yikes! Hope u get ur bfp n we can be baby buds :) x

arrrghhhh mustard its not just me then..... Ive had all the symptoms you can think of.

what are the actual symptoms in the 1st two weeks of pregnancy??

xx

PS are u mustard because u like the colour, character or just a random? xx

Gregorysgirl I'm going to try to hold out till Sunday (fathers day) but I might test on Thursday or Friday.

Applecider as far as I've read all early pregnancy symptoms are the same as PMS symptoms so they aren't very helpful. I called myself mustard because a film or tv program years ago had a pregnant girl who called her little bean 'mustard seed' I thought that was cute and so I've always thought about growing a little mustard seed of my own (so yes it is a bit random).

Scotch egg I like your thoughts that symptom spotting is just being hopeful, I think that is a nice way of looking at it instead of thinking I'm delusional :)

good luck mustard!!!!! i currently have these symptoms......... feeling sick, one spot od blood yesterday, a pain in my right side and my usual cramps etc 7 dpo xxxxxxx

Oo your symptoms sound good vicki. Mine have all disappeared I feel totally normal today.

Thanks charliebear. I can't believe your still waiting for AF I hope something happens soon for you. It must be so frustrating.

Any more symptoms Mustard?

I'm feeling the need for your funny tea! x

Nooo don't do the parsley tea. it didn't work for me anyway I had about 8 cups over 3 days and still had to wait another week or two till got AF.
I've got no symptoms really although I feel a bit forgetful and keep losing things which isn't like me but thats probably because instead of concentrating on what I'm doing, I keep thinking about pregnancy symptoms. I don't feel at all pregnant but I'm still a bit excited because my temperature chart is looking very interesting. After a big dip at 8dpo it went back up above cover line and today it was higher than I have ever had before so I think that might be a good sign (or it was just a stuffy night). My ticker says not to test for 2 days and I was trying to wait till Sunday but I am tempted to test tomorrow. What do you think? (the witch is due on Friday or Saturday I think).

Last edited:
I'd say test! If you can hold out until Saturday, I'm thinking fathers day card and test as gift :lol:

Charts sound interesting. Also I didn't have any noticeable symptoms with my first pregnancy ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back