Belly piercings

If I had one I think I'd take it out. I'd be too scared in case it split :/

You can get maternity flexi ones off amazon or from jewellery places :) bloody hurt having that done! I dont fancy repeating the experience if I take it out and it heals!! xxx

You can get maternity flexi ones off amazon or from jewellery places :) bloody hurt having that done! I dont fancy repeating the experience if I take it out and it heals!! xxx

Yeah I'll defo get one. I also don't fancy having it again! X

I took mine out. But you can keep them in. I think you can buy ones specifically designed to grow with your bump :)

I took mine out ages ago as it was so tight. The problem I had is that the skin around the hole is at its most stretched there(on me) and that is where I got quite a wide stretch mark so even with a maternity bar I wouldn't have been able to keep the piercing as the skin has been stretched too thin. I'd just keep an eye on it, you'll know if you need to take it out x x

I got a maternity bar from Argos it cost about £4. Was fine with my first pregnancy and been fine so far this time too!

I took mine out quite early because when my belly was really bloated it started to stretch over the piercing which ripped a little :( according to my mum I'm too old for it anyway :roll: lol (25!) xxxx

I took mine out quite early because when my belly was really bloated it started to stretch over the piercing which ripped a little :( according to my mum I'm too old for it anyway :roll: lol (25!) xxxx

Haha! She doesnt beat around the bush does she! :) xxx

I took mine out early on as I had read horror stories about skin stretching and leaving a mess afterwards. Didn't bother getting pregnancy bar as decided I've had it in long enough (15 years) and I am too old now (40). Out of curiosity I tried putting the bar in a couple of days later and it was already closing up.

(body piercer here)
You need a good ptfe grade bar. They're bendy and are sold in longer sizes to accommodate growth.
If you pop into any good local piercing studio they'll either have one or be able to order you one :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I might be wrong but think argos sell them. I took mine out tho two years later it still goes in but looks horrible and I have a nasty mark from stretching.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Last time I got a maternity bar but it didnt feel comfortable with the skin stretching. I took it out and every so often I'd pop the bar in to make sure it stayed open.

I plan on doing that this time when the bar doesnt feel comfortable anymore.

Id advise tongue piercings to be taken out aswell, my friend left hers in when pregnant, and she had to have it surgically removed, as it became imbedded in the tongue as the flesh grew around it. x

Id advise tongue piercings to be taken out aswell, my friend left hers in when pregnant, and she had to have it surgically removed, as it became imbedded in the tongue as the flesh grew around it. x

I sleep with mine out for this exact reason. As we all know (or are soon to find out) things swell during pregnancy. However you could also sleep with a longer bar in at night in case it closes up quickly. I tried that and chipped a tooth as Im so used to my little bar :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I left my tongue bar in last pregnancy with no problems (I used to fiddle with it constantly so there was no chance of it becoming embedded) I took it out when I was in labour and things started to go wrong :( and never got to put it back as it had closed up.

I suppose a piercing healing up is a small price to pay for a baby :) x

I left my tongue bar in last pregnancy with no problems (I used to fiddle with it constantly so there was no chance of it becoming embedded) I took it out when I was in labour and things started to go wrong :( and never got to put it back as it had closed up.

Ditto! I had mine for years, took it out for my GA and by the time I was well enough to put it back in it had closed up, gutted x

I dont miss it. It used to annoy me cause I would play with it all of the time.

I'd taken it out for an op previously and the guy managed to catch it before if full closed. But I swore I wouldnt get it done again.

Just wish my labour didnt go wrong :( I'd have given anything for my little man to be ok. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back