Piercing when pregnant?

Sarah13

Reaction score
Does anyone no if it's safe to have a new piercing when pregnant? I had a new tattoo booked for quite a while and pretty sure I need to cancel that :mad: but what about if I fancied a new piercing, is this a no go too? Also how are people getting on with belly button piercings, have you got those special pregnancy bars in, do they work?

I don't think you can, I'm sure someone else said that most piercers won't pierce someone while pregnant - something to do with the risk of infection. I would wait personally just incase. I've taken out my lip piercing because my face and lips were a bit swollen lol. Still gotmy temple microdermal in though..

x

I don't know but i have just recently put a pregnancy belly bar in, i had not had a bar in for a while and it started to go red and itchy...so gonna bathe it in salt water and have another try. Pregnancy bars are fine as far as i know, mine does look a bit weird when its in mind lol xxx

I've heard that u shouldn't get any new piercings or tattoos when preg. Even says in my baby book. Old piercings I reckon r fine but I took my belly bar out anyway (but had it done about 10 years!!) Fresh ones r a no no, and fresh tattoos according to my book x

Last edited:
Sounds like I might have to leave that idea too! Suppose there is always the risk of infections which can't be good for baby. Had my belly button about 13 years so don't want it too heal up, just have to get one of those pregnancy bars further down the line and see how it goes.

Ive got my belly peirced twice and i took both bars out when i was about 12 weeks and so far they havent healed up so you might be alright! x

As far as I know, most body piercing studios wont do it if your pregnant. I had to take my nipple ring out the other week cos I was in so much pain with it! And its nearly healed up! So I'm hoping I wont get much leakage out of that one later on!

hiya,i own a tattoo and piercing studio, u definitely cant b tattooed or pierced when pregnant, theres a risk of infection, and healing is likely 2 b a problem as ur immune system is suppressed when ur pregnant,theres also a slight risk of miscarriage, sorry girlies. old piercings r fine as long as ur comfortable, though we recommend taking navel bars out as the bump often stretches the piercing and it doesnt look v nice after the birth

So is it best just to have your belly re-done when baby is born so it don't stretch?

So is it best just to have your belly re-done when baby is born so it don't stretch?

I took my belly bar out when expecting DD and after I'd had her I went to a piercing studio and they opened the hole back up (it wasn't completely healed) by using something that looked remarkably like a crochet hook! They didn't charge me to have it done.

No tattoo artist or piercer should do either while you are pregnant. Its to do with the ink pigment and the items used, sterility and things like that. Im halfway through having my sleeve coloured in and have just had to cancel so I now have a cover up half done and half coloured which I will have to cover up in the summer :(
Im gutted :(

You shouldn't have either done when pregnant there is a higher risk of infection and the skin pigmentation also changes when pregnant so another reason for no tattoos too hope this helps xx

Oh and ad far as navel I kept mine in and now it's fallen haha! Not that it makes a huge difference coz my stomach is now saggy and covered in stretches haha! But just a warning xx

No tattoo artist or piercer should do either while you are pregnant. Its to do with the ink pigment and the items used, sterility and things like that. Im halfway through having my sleeve coloured in and have just had to cancel so I now have a cover up half done and half coloured which I will have to cover up in the summer :(
Im gutted :(

You must be gutted with timings! I have nothing half done luckily just impatient! It did cross my mind to not say anything and just go ahead but reading what everyones been saying I def won't be getting anything done til after baby is born, I've been a health queen since finding out Im pregnant not dying my hair and eating healthy food (when I can eat!) so would def be silly to put other unneccessary risks on baby. I have a tattoo on my lower tummy wonder wot that will end up looking like! Maybe need to have it redone after!

You can dye your hair when pregnant it's only the bit that's grown out that pigmentation might change that's like an inch at the most and very rare it prob won't effect jut if your going to bleach use foils coz that shouldn't touch the scalp x

Do not pierce while you are pregnant. Though it's not really bad to do it, it might get infected. That would be really bad and hurts.

Hey, I had my bellybutton pierced years ago and had the bar out for a long, long time. My bellybutton is sore now and I am told that is because the scar tissue from the piercing is stretching. It's a horrible feeling.

A lot of the info is valid and yes you can choose 2 have it re-pierced after, and the crochet hook mentioned is called a taper or guide pin , doesnt actually pierce u,just eases open a piercing that has tightened up. my studio doesnt charge 4 it either cos its kinder than letting clients shove old (blunt) jewellery through.hope this helps.

I have my belly button & nipple pierced but took them both out while I was pregnat. Nipple has nearly healed but can still put my belly bars in with no problems (& it had been out for a while before I was pregnant) I put a bar in the other day but took it out again as I thought it looked strange when I had it for some reason - I have no stretch marks or loose skin so don't know why i though that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back