Being told the babys sex

little*red

Reaction score
Ok i had my 20 week scan today and the Dr. told me her guess would be that i was having a girl. however this was only due to the fact that she couldn't see any obvious 'twig and berries' and not that she could clearly see female parts.
In her words she said "its only a vague guess, i dont think you should go off and buy loads of pink stuff". :roll: . so basically for now im just saying its a girl (which it most likely is).
However i was just wondering if anyone else has been given a hazy guess at the babys sex but turned out to have the other? :D

I was told the same when pregnant with my daughter she said it looks like a girl but dont go out and buy lots of pink,but it turned out to be a girl in the end,i still never bought any pink just incase lol.

I was told the same as you hun. At my 20 weeks scan for this baby, the woman said that she 'thinks its a girl, because she hasnt seen any boy parts' But she said not to hold her to that because girls are harder to tell than boys.

So we havent been shopping for any girl things... but are hoping we are having a little girl. Only time will tell.

My mums friends was told she was deff having a girl... so she went out spent a crap load of money on clothes etc for a baby girl. When she gave birth it turned out it was a boy :shock: So she sold all the girly items on ebay lol.

I think unless you have a sexing scan (4d scan) that you can never really tell if your babys a girl or not. :think:

well they told me Hayden was a boy at 19 weeks...she showed me his willy on the screen..lol
but then rather un-reassuringly said "dont blame me if it falls off between now and birth but at the moment hes a boy"

When i was having Aimee they said they could see her bits, they just looked like lines, they were so sure they even wrote female fetus on my scan results.

I was told that 'at a guess she thinks it's prob a girl cause baby had its legs crossed and she couldn't see anything hanging :shock: ',they would be better off saying i don't know really :roll: ,will let you know what it is in a couple of weeks hun :D xx

I know of 2 friends who were told they were having a boy and it was a girl!!!!!

Thats another reason why were are not finding out!! Cause its not 100% I wouldnt feel comfortable spending cash on one sex'd things so may as well keep it a supprise lol

Solution: just buy white and neutral colours like lime, yellow, beige etc.. :D

Jayceesmumma said:
Solution: just buy white and neutral colours like lime, yellow, beige etc.. :D

Yeh thats what were doing really however I think Lime is more of a boys colour and Yellow more of a girls so I wont buy them but maybe im just weird

This was jaycee in lime her 1st day home (2days old)..
phonephotosofJaycee034.jpg

And we had a beige outfit for her journey home from the hosp, being pooh bear dungarees...so cute!
It might be coz i know... but i think she looks like a girl in it lol! But saying thet, i had her in a pink frilly dress and a bloke said, ''is that a boy?'' :doh: DUH!!
Im not bothered on colours, depends on style etc and how bubs looks in it.

I hated alot of pink so i chose the neutral options more lol

Looks as if Jaycee is going "Noooooo" not enjoying being photographed! :lol:

Vicki83 said:
Looks as if Jaycee is going "Noooooo" not enjoying being photographed! :lol:
Haha!! She used to go OOOoooooooohhh lol!
She pulled some funny faces bless like this one...one of my favs
phonephotosofJaycee047.jpg

(more beige lol)

Yeah I stuck noah in white to start with, I think neworns look lovely in pure white.

Plus you dont know how much baby is goin to weigh, to stock up on to much clothes. Noah grew out of newborn clothes within a week of being born!

ok we've decided that basically the sex of the baby is still going to be a surprise to us until birth
(
tantrum2.gif
i hate surprises!)
i told my mum the other day that the dr's best guess was a girl, but that she shouldnt go buy loads of pink stuff as basically we dont have a clue what the sex is ( we didnt see any obvious boy or girl parts :roll: ).
so what does my mum go and do? yep you guessed it, she went to the shops and bought baby girl clothes! i guess i'll have to inform her again to get neutrals only. Grandmothers eh?!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back