Being induced on 17th September at 38 weeks with first baby

FerretloverUK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I havent been on here for ages as i have been monitored every few days at hospital.

Up until a month ago Ive been very very lucky, no sicknesss, no cravings and totally blooming!

I have GD and high BP.

GD is managed with Metformin (2 x a day) & Insulin (4 x a day).

BP is managed with pills (2 x day)

Ive come to terms with it now but very nervous now the time is getting VERY close!

Well done for getting trough it - not much longer and you will have your bundle of joy and lets hope the nasty GD will disappear very shortly!

Good luck! x

Ps. Is your baby big - why are they inducing you?

Hi

At present baby is only slightly bigger but its because of the GD and higher blood pressure & the Meds

Ah right I see... I also have GD and they told me about induction and I said unless its a matter of life and death (ie serious worry for mine or baby's health) there is not a chance I will let them induce me...

Hope it all goes well for you!

they induce you early so that babys blood sugar and weight dont become an issue due to the gd. my baby was 10lb 14oz at birth and i didnt have gd and that was a totally natural, unassisted back to back birth lol so even if babys a lil big its totally possible to have a normal delivery :)

They told me I don't have to be induced if everything is ok so as much as possible - I will push for normal. I've had 2 normal deliveries - unless its threatening I won't have induction this time either :)

Best of luck for the 17th. I was induced with my first for pre-eclampsia. I think its worse knowing when things are going to happen! Lol. Although I only had a few days of knowing about the induction, I'm not sure I'd cope knowing in advance for weeks - you are made of stronger stuff than me! :) x

They induce you early with GD because there is a risk of still birth closer to full term. My auntie had a still born at term because she had it and no body knew. They just don't tell people as it can panick you x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

I was told about all of the risks. It wasnt just the risk of a bigger baby otherwise i, of course, would have refused!

pls dont forget i also have high BP.

only a few days to go! woop!

Last edited:
5 days and counting!! Everything all sorted? Bag packed? Stack of magazines and snacks for when you're stuck on the ward? Ear plugs, definitely ear plugs - you won't get any sleep without them! If its not someone else snoring, it will be their baby crying - you can guarantee yours will sleep all night without a peep! Or was that just my bad luck! Lol

Not long for you now, hope your keeping well good luck hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back