Update - What's going on with me :)

Sabrina

Reaction score
I went to the GP today for a MW check up (the MW was not there as usual).

My BP was ok but there was a trace + of protein in my urine :( GP was concerned about the dizzy spells I've been having said it was likely to do with my age, late pregnancy and baby's position. :roll:

Then he measured me and said I was measuring about 38 weeks :shock: :shock: Then asked if OH was big (yes he's 6' 3"). He said in that case I probably have a very big baby. :think:

I don't usually worry about these things as I know the measurements aren't 100% accurate but ---- 38 weeks??! :wall: I'm only 31 weeks! :doh: I'm now looking to the scan next week to see how much LO has grown and if the GP is right.

GP has signed me off work for 2 weeks rest. :) I'm quite relieved to be honest but I'm wondering where the rest will be..... coz here's my schedule for the next week:

Tomorrow I have to go back to GP with another sample of urine for analysis. :(

On Thursday I'm at the hospital having an ECG ambulatory trace set up. (Basically I have to have my heartbeat monitored for 24 hours as they are trying to investigate the dizzy spells and think it might be something to do with baby laying on the veins causing irregular heartbeat ???)

Friday I have to go back to hospital to have the ECG monitors removed.

Saturday we have a 4D scan booked :cheer: I'm looking forward to that!

Tuesday I'm back at the hospital having another routine baby growth scan.

Wednesday I'm back at the surgery to have my BP checked.

When do I get to rest?! :lol:

I'm almost convinced I'm going to have a c-section now coz of these problems. I'd be quite happy with that and if they can deliver LO a little early at least it'd mean an end to the dizzy spells and constant visits to GP/hospital.

:hug:
Sabrina
x

aww huni..

doesnt sound like your having a good time either at the moment..

i have had one of those traces done, but not whilst i was expecting, im going to ask consultant about having one on this time though cos again my dizzy spells are getting bad again, but could just be down to the fact i have low blood preasure..

Glad he has signed you off work, i know how you feel about not being able to rest though with a busy week planned, but its all for the baby isnt it, thats one good thing, at least you dont have to worry about work and getting to these appointments..

Good luck with your scan on saturday, will you be posting pics?

Do you feel the baby is big, i do, i was measuring really big 2 weeks ago, and it scared me, but 38 weeks that is big, lets hoping some of it is water though and they have got it wrong hunie... maybe they will get lo out if the growth scan shows hes a big baby,

good luck :hug:

Oh Sabrina - what a hellish time you've been having! I've noticed a couple of posts that mentioned that things weren't getting any better and was planning to PM you to see how you were.

I am so glad you've been signed off work, but you are correct in that your fortnight resting doesn't sound very restful! Hopefully it'll help that you don't have to commute to work though? Will you get some time to relax outwith these appointments etc?

Your LO does sound big, but remember that these measurements can be quite off - I was measuring big at my last m/w appt (31 weeks @ 28 ) but she discounted that as my growth scan showed that everything was on track and the baby was a normal size for the gestation. Hopefully your growth scan will show similar.

Have fun at your 4D scan on Saturday! I am very jealous - it sounds amazing. I want to see pics please!

Love

Valentine xxx

Thanks Sunshinestars and Valentine for your quick replies.

Yes, at least I don't have to commute again for a while. By the time the sick certificate expires I will have only 6 days left to work! It's been a bit of a long pregnancy and I am feeling weary now. :( But I'm trying to be optimistic and know all this will be forgotten once LO arrives :)

Fiona - I do feel the baby is big, my tummy feels really tight, like a drum all the time. It feels heavy too and more so on one side (probably coz he's breech).

Valentine - I will definitely share some baby pics from the scan if all goes well. I'm looking forward to showing my 91 year old nan the DVD. I know she'll be amazed. :D

Oh dear Sabrina,

sorry to hear things aren't getting any easier for you. Glad you are signed off for 2 weeks, so you will hopefully get some rest in between your hospital appointments!!

I had the ECG trace done as I developed an irregular heartbeat a few years ago. It is nothing to be worried about, my DH said I looked like a suicide bomber as you have suckers attached to 3/4 places on your chest and back with cables coming out of them which they wrap around you and connect into a box you clip on your waistband! so wear something loose when you go to have it put on!

4D scan is exciting! maybe they can give you some more accurate measurements then too to reassure you about baby's size?

Thinking of you :hug:

TB x

Thanks for the heads up about the ECG trace TB. I must admit I am a little nervous about it.

As for loose clothing well I haven't got much else at the moment! LOL I wonder whether the "waist" belt will stretch :lol:

Hi hun

Sorry your having such a great time lately.
You have a busy week ahead of you rest while you can and let us know how you get on .
Cant wait to see your pics
Katrina

eek i hope this isnt true, my boyfs 6'4", but i'm tiny (5'4")- i cant hav a big baby!
Sabrina said:
Then asked if OH was big (yes he's 6' 3"). He said in that case I probably have a very big baby.

gosh u do sound busy this week. good luck with all ur app's, hope it all goes well for u. x x x

awww hun, sounds like you've been going through it all recently. I cant believe you are measuring 38 weeks :shock: :hug:

put your feet up to rest- shame your doc didnt sign you off for 2 weeks and 6 days! lol

Sabrina said:
Thanks for the heads up about the ECG trace TB. I must admit I am a little nervous about it.

As for loose clothing well I haven't got much else at the moment! LOL I wonder whether the "waist" belt will stretch :lol:

sure it will be fine..... I guess telling you to wear something loose was a bit daft thinking about it LOL!
They could not find any medical reason why I suddenly had an irregular heartbeat, is just one of those things, is quite common.

Take Care :hug:

trixipaws said:
eek i hope this isnt true, my boyfs 6'4", but i'm tiny (5'4")- i cant hav a big baby!
Sabrina said:
Then asked if OH was big (yes he's 6' 3"). He said in that case I probably have a very big baby.

gosh u do sound busy this week. good luck with all ur app's, hope it all goes well for u. x x x

I'm the same Trixipaws. I'm only 5'4" as well. :( I asked my OH's nan today how much he weighed at birth - she said 8lbs 1oz - but she concurred with what the doc said about being "big" babies as she said he was very long / tall when he was born. Eek perhaps it's just as well I'm likely to have a CS. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back