Need to be induced at 38 weeks :(

jendav81

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've not been around for a while as have been living at the doctors/going up to ante natal clinic for more tests....

As some of you know I've had this horrid itching for ages now and had tests done for Obstetric Cholestasis, they keep coming back negative but I'm still itching really badly, they've still got me on the liver medication to reduce the itching, but it's not working.

I went to the consultant on Thursday and she said they weren't sure what it was, I could just be suffering from "Pregnancy Itch" (where you are allergic to pregnancy hormones) but they don't want to take any chances and are going to induce me at 38 weeks, the week of the 9th of June.

They took more bloods for the OC but they take 2 weeks to come back from Glasgow....

I have to have a growth scan on this Thursday and speak to the consultant about dates for induction/what is going to happen.

On the upside, LO has been fine throughout and has been kicking away, none the wiser to everything that's been happening, also my BP has stayed at around the 120/70 mark (which is amazing as I've been so stressed with all this). Also, I'm glad that they are taking me seriously and not just giving me Calamine lotion like the GP did!!!

Just wanted to let you know where I'd been, and if any of you have been itching to please get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

I've missed heaps, so I'm off to read up and catch up.

Jen xxx

Hi

Good Luck!! :hug:

I am glad the baby is doing well and that your BP has remained good.

I have been having a load of itching. They did the blood tests at the hospital friday (should have had them at GP's) and they came back negative. I have tried aqueous cream (that didnt work) and now on Diprobase, that only seems to cool where I have had to scratch lol

It is great they have taken you seriously. I really hope all goes well :hug:

i was wondering where you had gone to! im used to seeing u reply to allsorts n with lots of new faces abt at the mo i was startin 2 feel like id been abandoned by everyone as theres been plenty of popping! :lol:

glad theyre looking after u ive been induced twice and its not ideal but they will look after u very well n u will meet ur baby very soon.

sarah x x x

Hi :wave:

Glad they listened to your concerns and took you seriously :hug:
Hope the blood tests come back and solve the mystery of the itching
good news that your bubba is healthy and happy :D

thanks for updating us and goodluck for June the 9th :)
:hug: :hug:
Take care and get plenty of rest :hug:

Sarah :wave:

Hope you get it sorted and they find out what it is. :hug:
It's nice to have you back hun! :D
just think you'll get to meet your Lo really soon. :dance: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads