Bedtime help!

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
My son goes to bed anywhere between 7-7:30pm.
He has a bath before bed and then story.
Normally Ill say goodnight, leave the room and hell cry for about half an hour and then get himself to sleep fter about an hour of murmuring to himself.
Tonight the cryings awful! I put him to bed about 7:45pm as he didnt get up till a bit later this morning and whenever I leave the room hes hysterical.
When Im in there holding his hand hell close his eyes and will be fine but as soon as I leave its hurendous.
Iv been doing the let him cry thing for a while now, and always heard that by a few weeks you should be able to put them to bed and they will get themselves to sleep without crying.
I think I need to try something else as I cant have him crying like this when the new babys here and cant bear to hear it anymore :(
how do you get your 18 month olds to bed?
Thanks, Lilly.

Poor you - controlled crying always worked for me at that age. I think you have to make sure they are not over tired, i know it sounds daft but maybe put him to bed a little earlier. I don't know what time he usually gets up but remember putting mine to bed at 6.30 with them getting up at 7am. Just stick to routine he'l get it in the end x

if he gets of to sleep properly for around half 8 hell then be up about half 7 the next day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back