Bedding....

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Why is cot/cot bed bedding soooooooo expensive? Any help on good quality but cheap bedding would be most appreciated girlies....

Got a bargain of a cot the other day from Babies R Us - £240 cot down to £99! But, the bedding sets are nearly as expensive at £70+ from what I can see... :shakehead: xx

Last edited:
4 cotbed sheets for £12 in asda, wilkinson on like have cheap cot bedding but tbh u get what u pay for. Buy cheap you'll get cheap splash out a bit and yr more likely to get something that will wash better x

that's understandable... i'm looking at all the sets with the bumpers at the moment. MIL is adament on making some sets but I also want at least one set bought but other than resorting to Ebay... £70+ for a bedding set appears a bit expenisive to me... x

Unfortunatly that's the prices :( when I had Jacob I paid £25 for his quilt, £20 for his bumper plus sheets and blankets and £15 for a cot mobile. Winnie the pooh in matalan tbh u dnt need half of it like the nappy stacker etc. Xx

I've hit the baby sales at my local community centres, I have a bumper and 5 sheets (all second hand but bumper still has tags attached and original wrapping) and I haven't paid over £10 for all that, but I've gone second hand because I cannot afford the rediculous prices either-if you get the good quality 2nd hand ones then they're almost as good as the real thing :D eBay are great by the way. X

Unfortunatly that's the prices :( when I had Jacob I paid £25 for his quilt, £20 for his bumper plus sheets and blankets and £15 for a cot mobile. Winnie the pooh in matalan tbh u dnt need half of it like the nappy stacker etc. Xx

Oh yeah - the nappy stacker thing - what is the point? All i want is a quilt, bumper and sheets... and mobile obviously :) lol will keep eyes peeled - plus asda have baby event coming up again :) xx

I've hit the baby sales at my local community centres, I have a bumper and 5 sheets (all second hand but bumper still has tags attached and original wrapping) and I haven't paid over £10 for all that, but I've gone second hand because I cannot afford the rediculous prices either-if you get the good quality 2nd hand ones then they're almost as good as the real thing :D eBay are great by the way. X

yeah will have to keep eyes peeled... trouble is, alot of stuff i want or like the other half doesn't like :wall2: xx

Haha my OH just likes to keep me sweet so I get to choose :lol: but I'm using Jacobs anyway, nappies I store under the cot xx

Haha my OH just likes to keep me sweet so I get to choose :lol: but I'm using Jacobs anyway, nappies I store under the cot xx

I think it's the "overload" of pink that is doing my OH's head in. There is some gorgeous bedding sets i've seen but they are pink... not overly pink but in his eyes - still pink :-( lol xx

She's a girl she needs PINK if I was having a girl it wouldn't be baby pink it would be lovely cerise pink :love:

I got 2 sheets for a tenner off eBay, got alot of bedding still left from when I had Lacey as they were only about £40 for a set 4 years ago and have also brought a cotbed duvet from babies r us that was on offer for £12!! George at asda do sleeping bags quite cheap too and also got brand new blankets off eBay for afew quid!! Keep hunting, your soon find the bargains!!

iv got a few on ebay, a wanted site on facebook in my local area, and given them a really good wash and there fine,

i think argos do them aswell,

i guess if your good / had the time you could make some of your own?

xxx

thanks girls... definately going to have to keep looking I think. I'm no good with making stuff like that but I know my MIL cannot wait to start making - it's finding the right fabric! ;-) xx

i have not got a set, just bought a couple of sheets, blankets got a duvet from mamas n papas it was expencive but it was a gift

I know it'll work out alot cheaper if my MIL can make them for me, it's just finding a nice fabric etc... works out at about £20 for the lot! But OH is just so fussy! I think we should have at least three sets lol - one I like, one he likes and one we both like! Best of all worlds then ;-) x

we havent even looked at bedding yet think im gonna leave baby shopping untill nearer to christmas time x dont wanna jinx anything just yet

ive stuck with neutral colours as pink bedding just wont go with my room. ive got winnie the pooh bumper, and some yellow and white sheets, and a pale cream sheet with purple and blue small polka dots. so cute!! x

I'm going with white - I love white! Not sure I was going to buy a duvet - I was planning on getting some of those sleeping bags/gro bags. Will probably also get some cellular blankets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back