Cot top changer

Minchin

Reaction score
Hope someone might be able to advise on this, my brother really sweetly bought us a cot top changer as a present. We don't have enough room for a changing unit so thought one of these would be ideal.

It arrived yesterday, but it's much bigger than our cot :oooo:

Our cot is one from Ikea that will turn into a cot bed when baby is older, but the changer is much bigger than the top of the cot. I didn't think I 'd need to take measurements as thought all cots were the same size! :wall2: Now after looking online seems most cot top changer are the same (big) dimensions as this one...so what should I do?!!! Keep it and have it as a bit bigger or try and return it and find a smaller one. Not sure why but this is really stressing me out!!! Can anyone advise?!!

We probably didn't even need one....

Annoyingly the ikea cots/cotbeds are slot smaller that normal cots/cotbeds so I think you may strugle to find a smaller changer!

Did Ikea do there own one, and then you could take this one back and get one there that's compatible, or not have one, I do understand tho, as I fancy a changing thing this time, with baskets etc for stuff under.

You don't need one, but it's a nice to have , if you use a changing mat on it's own, you tend to use your bed, and then if accidents happen - esp with boys, the wee runs down the creases and on to the bed! we kept getting caught out with our boys, and kept having to wash the bed sheets

Last edited:
All ikea furniture seem smaller than regular furniture! It's a pain-especially with beds x I just had a mat with DD as I found it easier just whipping the mat out and changing her on the floor rather than traipsing upstairs every time she needed changing x hope you can swap it for an ikea sized one x

Thanks, think having it so much bigger will really bug me, but when baby is sitting up and goes into his cot from being in moses basket in our room it will prob live on the floor as wont be able to leave it on cot when baby is in cot. Anyways...will research Ikea.
Thanks guys! x

Aye - Ikea would be your best bet. We were going to buy a cot top changer but didn't in the end. Figured that MOST of baby's nappy changes would be downstairs or out and about so wouldn't use it too much. Plus you have to take them off when they start to pull themselves up so couldn't justify it x

i changed 99% of my dd's nappy's on my lap so wont be bothering myself but go with what feels right return it for a better sized one or just go with flo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back