becoming mobile...or NOT!

GBLiz

Reaction score
Anjali is almost 8 months now, and she still doesnt roll over!
She's been sitting up since 5 months but doesnt bum shuffle or attempt to crawl.

She just sits there, and if something's out of her reach, she stretches for it then decides not to bother if she cant reach it.

The health visitor isnt worried because she can see how well she can sit up and grasp for things. Ive decided that not being mobile is a good thing too (easy for me!)

i think because she's so placid she's just not bothered!

has anyone else got a lazy /content baby like mine?

Yep Anjali sounds exactly like my Calleigh :lol:

She sits and thats about it :lol:

She doesnt roll and doesnt crawl (dislikes being on her front and flaps about when i put her on her front) and she doesnt pull herself up.

I have resigned myself to the fact she will do it all in her own time, in the mean time i am still enjoying the fact i can put her down and pop to the loo and she will still be in the same spot when i get back :)

i wouldnt say thats lazy at all! most babies dont crawl til around 10/11 months. My son learnt to sit totally unaided without crashing every 1omins by about 7months. the first time he rolled from his tummy to his back he was 8.5months and he still cant crawl properly now, he just commando crawls and hes only been doing that for about 3 weeks.

dont worry she'll get there in her own time. Im in no rush i def cant see my son walked anytime before 12months, no chance!! hes not necessarily lazy he just hasnt worked out how to do it yet! and he hates being on his feet! much happier sitting up or lying on the floor!

leckershell said:
Honestly girls, make the most of it!!!!

:D :wall:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was reading through the thread!

I must say though that it can be a little concerning when all you hear is that other babies similar ages or younger are racing round the place crawling/rolling whilst our babies have no interest at all. So i think its quite fair that the question is raised as it can feel like your baby is behind IYKWIM. I know that it concerned me at one point and it didnt help when my health visitor acted suprised when she found out she wasnt at all mobile.
I am not wishing my baby to grow up fast just that a little reassurance at times is needed.

Remember that some babies will not crawl. Some will go straight to walking. Luke doesn't crawl at all at the moment but wants to be on his feet all the time. I'm making the most of this time where I know where he is when I leave him for a moment.

My neighbours little boy is 9 months, he rolled once and that was it, never since! :lol: His mum isnt worried, and neither would I be he is quite content to sit and play and have things brought to him! :lol:

would you not be worried if your 8 month old had never ONCE even done half a roll? :think:

gymbabeliz said:
would you not be worried if your 8 month old had never ONCE even done half a roll? :think:

Calleigh has only ever rolled once and that was in her sleep :lol: . She rolled onto her front.
She has not done anything since. The only time she 'rolls' anywhere is on her side to reach my boob when lying in bed with me and even then its hard work for her :lol:

So me and you can wait together with our lazy babies :lol:
I think monstermunches grean bean is another one who doesnt do too much yet either.

gymbabeliz said:

no because my son didnt roll until he was 8 and a half months and he does it all the time now. stop worrying! :lol: she'll get there eventually!!

Ryan's only just started sitting up!! He doesnt do anything else lol he's stood on his feet for about a second when he was angry but other than that he never stands on his feet either. He's quite happy to just lay on the floor and play.

It is normal to worry, so don't beat yourself up about that! But, all babies are different, I have 2 friends, whose babies are the same age as Ella, both are crawling really well and pulling themselves up and cruising around. Everytime I used to see them I used to get worried that Ella wasn't doing the same.

Then, the other day, one of them said that Ella was really clever as she talks more than them and can pick up small foods etc better than them and I realised that they all have their strengths.

This being a Mum thing is hard isn't it! Especially if you know any showoff mums who have to tell you how much their child can do already! If I hear of one more 3 month old that can already say words, stand up on their own, sit unaided etc. I will scream! :rotfl:

/\ thats very true. My cousins LO is 9 days younger than kyran and hes extremely mobile to the point where he can take a few steps unaided. he climbs over everything and cruises round the room with no effort what so ever. It hasnt even entered Kyrans mind to do that yet, he hates being on his feet. Id be shocked if hes walking by 14months even i think he'll be slow to walk....but who cares! he'll get there in the end! I didnt walk until i was 2. His father walked at 9 months and i think Kyran will be somewhere in the middle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back