im slightly concerned....

Amy_J

Reaction score
about my friends twins. they are 11 months old, and weighed 5lb 12, and 6lbs at birth. next month they will be one. as i was living abroad i didnt see them that much but now im home for a while ive seen them loads and have really started to notice a difference with them compared to my lo.
basically they arent sitting up yet, and make no attempt to, i went to the clinic to get marley moo weighed and she came along to weigh the girls. marley weighed 13lb+ (i dont remember exactly) and one of the girls weighed 14lbs10 and the other was 15lbs 2oz... to me that seems rather small... i dont know tho as im not experienced?! also... she is now 3 months pregnant!its gunna be so hard for her as she can barely cope as it is! she has a oh who works and is great but her dad or friends are with her during the day so she doesnt really do much with them by herself..... marley seems so strong compared to them, hes constantly pushing himself up, hates being still etc and they just seem really placid and weak dont bable much or anything..... i havent mentioned anything to her because maybe its not even anything to be concerned about but she just says "theyre lazy" but she doesnt seem to encourage them to sit or crawl or anything.... hmmmmm. anyone got any views?!

no!!! about 38weeks!!! natural birth!!!

Hi,
for about 11 months old.... If I was there health visitor, at that weight... I would be rushing them to hospital... that seems ridiculously underweight! My son is 5 mths old and is about 16lbs.... surely thats dangerous?
How does she seem with the twins? Could she be depressed and not really feel connected to them, because yeah, I think they should, at the VERY least, be sitting at this age normally? Im not sure because my daughter was ridiculously fast at things like sitting, walking etc, but I am pretty sure walking is normally between 9 and 18 months.... obv much harder than sitting, so surely thats strange?
I cant believe no health person asked her?
Do you think something could be wrong, with the mum or the twins, or do you think the mum is just being kinda lazy (please dont take offence) and cant be bothered to encourage them?

xx

the mum is deffo VERY lazy! even though shes one of my best friend si have no problem in saying that! she sits on her ass all day while her dad runs round doing everything for her..and now with anothe one on the way too!!! i think thats so underweight too! my lo was born smaller than them and hes almost a stone at 4months!! the health visitor didnt say anything....just that they are "petite"... i knew they shud be sitting etc by now..i dont know what to do i feel i should say something to her but i dont want to offend her!!!!!!

My daughter is 3 years and she only weighs 1stone 5 that's 19lbs and my son 2yrs is 1stone 2 that's only 16lbs the health visitor said as they get older they don't put it on as fast and my son runs around so much he burns it off but he does nothing but eat my daughter looks big even tho she isn't coz she is short for know I'd that helps? But at 1 not to be sitting? Mine were walking at 1

Yeah what Evie says is true. My daughter was proper chunky but then it really dropped because she's moving. So if they were mobile it wouldn be so much of a shock, but if that's the weight from just lying there? Are they little in all ways , like height etc, or do they look really skinny? My daughter would be classed as over weight for her age, 3 stone at 4 yrs old, but she's 4 inches taller than the average girl of her age so is actually very very slim.
Xx

my d.s at 35 weeks weighed 18lb 15 oz it says on his notes so that was 8 months old or just over that and he was 22lb at 13 month he didnt sit or crawl by this point either but he is disabled i just wanted to give you the weight of a none mobile baby if they dont get mobile soon their hip sockets wont form without help i had to stand my ds in a frame and hour a day to make sure the socket formed properly even though he wasnt able to stan this ensured that when he came to walking he didnt have discolation problems he didnt like it but it had to be done plus he got extra cuddle once the frame time had finished

the mum sounds like she could be actually delaying any developmemt of the children by not doing anything to encourage them :(

my d.s at 35 weeks weighed 18lb 15 oz it says on his notes so that was 8 months old or just over that and he was 22lb at 13 month he didnt sit or crawl by this point either but he is disabled i just wanted to give you the weight of a none mobile baby if they dont get mobile soon their hip sockets wont form without help i had to stand my ds in a frame and hour a day to make sure the socket formed properly even though he wasnt able to stan this ensured that when he came to walking he didnt have discolation problems he didnt like it but it had to be done plus he got extra cuddle once the frame time had finished

the mum sounds like she could be actually delaying any developmemt of the children by not doing anything to encourage them :(

you are totally right.. i hate to use the word "normal"...but it doesnt seem right to me that they are still not even sitting or anything... im seeing her tomorrow so i think im gunna have a nice friendly word and just see what the score is.....

no they dont sound normal to me either i knew my d.s wasnt normal from 5/6 months but they just put it down to him being lazy grrrr but i knew the amount of encouraging and everything they finally listened to me once he stopped breathing and had to be admitted to hospital then all the test began he is delayed in everything but still developing :) he needs huge encouragement to do anything he says he cant d his buttons up but can bloody play his d.s fine i think he has me on sometimes lol best thing is to say something because if they do have problems it wont go away and they will need help and if its just because the mum straps them in a chair and leaves them to it then id seriously be having strong words with her if it was me im suprised the HV has not picked this up by now :(

no they dont sound normal to me either i knew my d.s wasnt normal from 5/6 months but they just put it down to him being lazy grrrr but i knew the amount of encouraging and everything they finally listened to me once he stopped breathing and had to be admitted to hospital then all the test began he is delayed in everything but still developing :) he needs huge encouragement to do anything he says he cant d his buttons up but can bloody play his d.s fine i think he has me on sometimes lol best thing is to say something because if they do have problems it wont go away and they will need help and if its just because the mum straps them in a chair and leaves them to it then id seriously be having strong words with her if it was me im suprised the HV has not picked this up by now :(

i know....the hv is useless! anyone can see that they are very late developers(sitting crawling walking..even 'talking') i hope this gets sorted for her!! poor girls =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back