Bathing toddlers and babies..how often?

katie05

Reaction score
Im asking this as i have a 2.5 and a 12 week old. With my eldest i was advised to bath every night, i did this till he was over one (without bubble bath most nights for his skin).
However, this time i was advised by the hospital to bathe every other night. I have been doing this with both of them as i was already bathing my son every other so it worked well for us.

Just wondering how often you bath you toddler and/or babies. :D

I bathe my girls (4.5 and 17 months) every night. they both like being in a routine and my youngest wont settle without a bath before bed, so it has to be done lol
my girls both have bad skin, ecsma and dry/sensitive skin, i just put cream on them after, or a good moisturiser is good enough :)
xx

leland gets bathed everynight in oilatum , he has excema so it helps keep it under control , plus he loves the routine and playing in the water !

Arianna is 2yrs old and we give her a bath or shower every night, it's part of her bedtime routine :)

We bath Dylan everynight in oilatum (as he has excema). It is part of his bed time routine and im frightened to not do it for one night incase he wakes back up and thinks he's supposed to just be having a nap :doh:

I must be one of the only people on here that does a morning bath :think: . I do her every morning at 9am (ish). I do it every day but do miss the odd day if we have to be out early.

pretty much every other night.. unless SIL comes over, then she wants to do the full works, so i let her feed him dinner, bath him, get him dressed and give him milkys then put to bed!!

Until Dylan was 3 months old, I bathed him every other night and just topped and tailed him the rest. Then from about 3 months until weaning time I bathed him every morning. Since we started weaning (about 5.5 months) I give him a bath in the morning and a shower at night time because he feeds himself and always has food mashed into every part of his body!

Hazel said:
I must be one of the only people on here that does a morning bath :think: . I do her every morning at 9am (ish). I do it every day but do miss the odd day if we have to be out early.

i do a morning one too, its far too traumatic getting her dried and dressed to chill her out for bed! it wakes her bloody up!

I used to bath her every day but am doing a full wash every other day now as its easier to keep on top of all those wee creases as they'll get sore otherwise and its difficult to get into all of them, i swear shes like one of those wrinkly puppies! Plus she has sooo much hair that its a job to get it dried

Every day now but lil miss is crawling and generally gets herself filthy... :roll: She also smooshes food into her face, hair, ears and generally all parts of her body at dinner time... so we really need to bath her... :rotfl:

When she was tiny though I would only bath her once maybe twice a week and top and tail her everyday... She never got that dirty lying on a clean baby mat in the living room... :roll:

Generally every other, either morning or evening depending on what we have planned. We also shower her as we have no hot water, so every other works best as we also have no central heating and i don't want her getting cold.

I only bath dd maybe twice or three times a week but now we have started weaning i may up it to every other night.

My girls have baths every night as part of their routine. They then stay upstairs doing quiet things till it's time for lights out. It just indicates the end of the day and start of bedtime.

I'd love to do a morning bath but we only have one bathroom and it would be a nightmare having to schedule my OH getting ready for work and trying to get the girls out in time for school.

When they were all little I only bathed them a couple of times a week as babies don't really get dirty till they are on solids and moving about. Top and tail is fine most nights.

I do love the smell of a freshly washed baby though!

Riley used to have a bath about every other night but now he's weaning he gets food all over himself so it's every night.
Brody and Mason also have one every night.
I generally do riley first in 2-3 inches of water, then top it up for M&B's bath.

when melissa was a little baby i bathed her every 2-3 days (except her face and bum which was every day with top&tail)

but since she started crawling and eating snacks and into everything she needs a bath every day she gets grubby! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back