How often

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Do u give ur LO a bath. Mw old me yesterday I was bathing him too much, i was doing every other day! And once a week is enough? I don't want a dirty stinker!

We haven't yet as we were waiting until he's a week old not sure how much we will after that tho!!

We were going to bathe him today to celebrate his week old anniversary, but the bathroom was too cold, then MIL had to leave, and no way are we doing the first bath on our own. It will have to be tomorrow.

Fin is 3 weeks today and we bath him every night.....he LOVES it :) do what feels right for you! With the olive oil in the water Fin's skin has been better because of it!

I bathed Jack every other day until he was 8 weeks old and then started doing it every day so he got used to it being part of his bedtime routine. He does miss the odd bath if we're out though :) x

Every night as part of bedtime routine. Have done since e was 2 weeks old. He loves it x

I bathed Sebastian every other night when he was tiny xxx

At your LOs age we were only bathing Oz every 3 or 4 days. Top n tailing him in between. I can't remember when he went to baths every day, probably coming up on a month old or just over.

I can't remember now lol, I do remember you're not supposed to clean their eyes for a while? God, my son is only 1 and I can't remember lol

i have bathed ella everyday since the second day after she was born, midwife and hv both advised this was fine to do so!

I bath both of mine every night as part of a bath time routine x x

They say every night here beggining with the 3 day of live...

Every night as part of bed time routine but didn't start this until about 6 weeks old. Before that is was 2-3 times per week

I didn't bath mine until he was 1 week, just wiped him with cotton wool and water when he needed it then we bathed him once a week until he was 4 weeks then we did 3 baths a week then at 6 weeks onwards we did everynight as part of bedtime, but mine had dry peely skin then he got a rash so we were careful with baths, we've only recently started putting bubble bath in.
Each baby is different so trust ur instincts for ur baby and bath him how u feel is right x

Last edited:
Thats strange, my MW with this LO & oldest said that a bath every day is best as it cleans all the folds of skin that you might miss with top & tailing Plus bathing is alot quicker.

Helps keep the routine too.

:)

At the moment Phoebe is every other night, but I'm thinking of doing it every night to help her into a routine xx

I keep reading it should be once a week but we're doing every other day but tbh I feel like it should be everyday with all that poo, pee and sick!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back