• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bank charges

weestar21

Reaction score
dont know if anyone has posted this yet
but its about getting all your money back for bank charges in teh last 6 years

its great :cheer:

here is the link it gives you all the details on how to go about it and it even gives you letters to print out and send to your bank to get your money!!!

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=21859

worth looking into though
no point me doing it ive only had one in 6 years but if my OH bank account wasnt closed down he could have made back £3,400 :(

never mind hopefully it will help alot of other people especially this time of year :D

Knowing my luck id end up taking them to court and get nothing back :(

Its stupid I get charged 25.00 for being over my overdraft then when they take out that, they take out 35.00 for being over it because they made me go even more over... if that makes sense :think:

makes alot of sence to me :D
my bank (i dont have an overdraft :( ) charged me £39.00 because i was £2.20 short for OH car insurance one month doesnt make any sence to me how it costs them £39 to pay £2.20 funny thing is ive asked for a £50 overdraft just incase it ever happend and they wont give me one its crap

i hate banks :lol:

They wont give you one because their money grabbing idiots :x

Right thats it when im reincarnated ( :lol: ) im coming back as a bank manager

The bank tried charging us the other day for going over our overdraft limit. We looked at the balance and it said we were in credit so my dh paid some money off our credit card, next day we were about £10 over our overdraft limit. They hadn't taken some things out when they were meant to so we thought we had more money than we had. My dh went mental and phoned them up saying that they should have taken certain things way before so we thought we had money. They soon paid back the money after he waffled on for about 30 mins :rotfl:

can i be a partner in that :twisted: or i could come back as the evil wicked tax man :twisted: *dont like the idea of something hanging between my legs though* :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol :rotfl: ...i dont mind the thought of coming back as a bloke. No periods, pregnancy or labour and when i get a cold i can tell eveyone im diying :roll: ...think ill just try swoping places with my OH, see how he likes it :lol:

I did this last year with Alliance & Leicester - got back £175!! :cheer: They said no to the first letter I sent, but as soon as the court papers were sent (cost me £30 which I added onto the £145 I was claiming) I got a cheque through with a letter from their legal department telling me it wasn't an admission that they were at fault.

Its unlawful charges!!! :twisted:

Would recommend trying it, the most I would have lost would have been £30 (which is like one more bank charge) and the cost of a couple of stamps!!!

I've had to pay sooooo many bank charges over the years I would be totally rich if I got it all back. I hate banks.

weestar21 said:
no point me doing it ive only had one in 6 years but if my OH bank account wasnt closed down he could have made back £3,400 :(

never mind hopefully it will help alot of other people especially this time of year :D

does the account need to still be open then?

violet-glow said:
Knowing my luck id end up taking them to court and get nothing back :(

Its stupid I get charged 25.00 for being over my overdraft then when they take out that, they take out 35.00 for being over it because they made me go even more over... if that makes sense :think:

That's what my old bank did, the *******s. I refused to use the account ad said they could take me to court if they wanted the final charges back. They must have got £100's from me in the end. Even if I got 16p over in my new account, they charge me no matter if I put the money back in the same day, it's not right.

samrbtson said:
weestar21 said:

im guessing so but that account was so badly in charges they put it to the collections department so we just put it into our bankrupcy bundle so theirs nothing we can do about it

IM gonna have a word with my OH, hes had tons of bank charges over the past year, see if hes entitled to anything back XkelX

weestar21 said:
samrbtson said:
weestar21 said:

im guessing so but that account was so badly in charges they put it to the collections department so we just put it into our bankrupcy bundle so theirs nothing we can do about it

we had an old joint account that got closed cause we went over the overdraft. We set up a paln to pay it back, but the reason it went over was becuase of all the charges!!!

mmm.... :think:

if anyones in doubt i would go onto that website and send those letters off at the end of the day all you can lose is the price of a couple of stamps,
its worth going into if you get your money back

DONT FOGERT ITS BANK CHARGES IN TEH LAST 6 YEARS YOU CAN CLAIM BACK

GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ALL GET ON
xxxxxxxxx

i am going to have a go at this once i move and get out all my old statements,. i will let you know how i get on.

ive just went through my online banking statements and have only had 1 bank charge in 6 years :shock: im pretty peevedthough cos no point me doing it for £39 they will just laugh at me :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back