Back Pain - Sciatica

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Ok so the short story is ...

Last January I had a really bad accident at work where I ended up taking a tumble down a flight of stairs (completely sober and not my fault). At the time I was diagnosed with having tore all the muscles in my lower back. I was left in a lot of pain and couldn't walk for about 8 weeks.

Then after some intense physio got moving again, but was still in a lot of pain ... after 8 months demanded an MRI (which they were refusing to give me because it was all muscular apparently) which showed I have 2 prolapsed discs in my lower back, one of which is pressing on a nerve. Which gives me Sciatica on an off. Only treatment really is more physio (a load of poop) or surgery (which I don't want)

So anyway ... since being pregnant, I'm already getting pain in my back, and last night I couldn't move, couldn't stand up and I've had a pain all down my right leg since then. Its eased up this morning but its still quite sore.

Sorry for long post, but I know that back pain is quite common in pregnancy so was wondering if anyone can give me any tips for coping, because the next 7 months are going to be hell by the looks of it.

I knew that I was probably going to suffer a bit but didn't want to put my life on hold because someone else was an idiot and screwed up my back.

Again ... sorry for long post.

I was going to post something similar! I get back pains quite often a d have gotten sciatica before but now I have it worse than even and its particularly sore if I've been sitting for a while. I'd be interested too to see if anyone has any tips. I'd prefer not to take any medication or painkillers but if it gets worse ill have to!hope you feel better soon xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Oops apologies for spelling mistakes lol xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi

I have a tumour in my lower back which puts pressure on the nerves. With my previous pregnancy I got really bad sciatica with it during early pregnancy but as bump got bigger it seemed to ease off. Dr reckoned the change in the shape of my spine as I was carrying baby slowly took the pressure off the nerve. I have all fingers crossed that it is the same this time round as its driving me nuts so hopefully it eases a bit for you too ! As far as managing it goes I find that a rolled up towel in the base of my spine whenever it needs support during sitting/lying helps a little and the dr changed my pain killer to a pregnancy safe one which I can take if I'm not coping with it. Gotta say it doesnt get rid of it but it does help take the edge off if I really need it. I also find that my sciatica gets worse when I'm cold and a hot water bottle on my bum cheek helps for some reason ! Other than that, the usual not sitting to long and watching posture, pillow between knees when sleeping etc are the only other bits that I can think of. Hope it starts to get a bit better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back