Sciatica

Bella2

Reaction score
For the past few days I've been getting a bad pain in my lower back which then shoots down my leg, mum reckons it's most likely sciatica. Lucky thing is I only really get it first thing in the morning when I wake up or at night time when I've been sitting slumped on the sofa. Makes me think that perhaps the baby is lying on a nerve? Yesterday morning I stuggled to bend over to put slippers on and even walk to the bathroom when I first got up! Anyone experiencing something similar? Just wondering what I can do to ease the pain? x x

I had this with my daughter but touch wood not had it with this one yet, it's horrible. I can't remember anything you could do for it either other than try to get into comfy position, sorry not much help!

Hi, I've been suffering from something similar, and was referred by my GP to physio. They've given me a back support and some daily exercises to do which do help, and also a sheet of advice, which I'll type out for you here :)

* Try to wear low-heeled shoes, with a shock absorbing sole. Reduce the time you have to stand or walk if they aggravate symptoms

* Sit down to get dressed, as standing on one leg will aggravate your pain

* When sleeping on your side, use one or two pillows between your knees to keep your back in good alignment

* Showering may be more comfortable for your back than getting in and out of the bath

Hope this helps! I also find putting a hot water bottle on my lower back at night helps, as well as sitting on the sofa with lots of cushions behind me to help me sit up straight and improve my posture - I used to sit really slumped with my legs tucked underneath me and the physiotherapist said this was really bad, so sit with your feet on the floor and lots of cushions behind your back :) xx

Last edited:
thanks Lulu, I'm actually sitting with my legs tucked under me now oops! Will try the tips you suggested it's definatley worse on getting out of bed in the morning and after sitting slumped in the sofa, have one of those microwavable bean bags so going to try that later and see if it helps x x

have had something similar. pickle seems to be laying in a way that makes my leg go numb, hurt and then tingle.

I've found (and this may sound awful) if i jiggle bump about a bit, pickle moves and it eases things

I get it in my bum cheeks lol! At one point I couldn't get out if bed!! Had to get my oh to practically lift ne out in a few occasions which isn't good when all I need to do at night was get up and pee! Always got the pain after lying down too!luckily Seems to have eased a bit now although I get twinges! I try soak in the bath everday as I'm sure this has helped with the pain!

I know what you mean about getting in your bum cheeks - mine is always in the left one lol! I've found a warm hot water bottle is helping x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back