blister nappy rash

weestar21

Reaction score
Hi all Colby has really bad nappy rash and its gone into blisters, ths all happend on saturday when i changed her wipes from pampers normal to pampers sensative ones :wall: i only bought the sesative ones as theyw ere on special thinking their would be no problem as they are meant for sensative skin.

Its a wee shame and the soudacream (sp) isnt helping any, im not using any wipes at the moment and just using cool boiled water to clean her wee bum. It looks so sore but its not bothering her that much. Im leaving her withought a nappy as long as i can but she hates it and just crys....lol

My sister recomended caneston cream for thrush but i dont really want to use that as its for well us woman :oops:

any suggestions what could help i was thinking of either germoliene (sp) or savlon but not sure wich will help best

please help i just hope these blisters dont burst and go all infected :(

Aww poor colby, i would ask at the chemist they could probably advise better, personally i would use Savlon as it's an antibac in it
good luck hun

i put her in a bath not long ago to wash all that soudacream off and put a tinny bit of savlon onto the really bad bit and she was screaming not sure if it was making it sting or not, so i put her back into a bath to wash that off and just put some more soudacream onto it for now, i have the docs tomorrow to get my pill changed do you think they wopuld have a quick look at it?

It's worth trying hun, what i would do it spread it on her nappy b4 you put it on as it might have been the air getting to it that was stinging as well

Awww hun hope her bum is ok soon! :)

Ive found the same with jamie if i change wipes then his bum gets a bit sore, i find the johnsons wipes with alea vera in are really good, they are the ones with the green stripe down them!

xx

well went to the docs today and i have got a steroid cream to put on, i have to wash her bum every nappy change and put the steroid cream on then leave it for 10 mins to soak into the skin then put sudocream on top like a barrier then put a nappy on, it seems to have stopped seeping and still isnt bothering her too much. Ive decided to go off wipes for a while till all this clears up and go back to the normal pampers wipes ( the pink packet) as i know she is fine with them.

thanks again for your replys
xxx

No probs hun, i am glad you have got it sorted for her, maybe she has developed an allergic reaction to wipes, if you think about all the chemicals in them it's quite scary isn't it.
Personally i would buy a few cheap flannels and use them with water or summat, i am moving on to reusable wipes, just bought some online as it happens :D

Did doc say what it was? what had caused it?

docdoesnt know but it has to be theysensative wipes as i usedthem friday night andsaturday moring herwee bum wasreally red, so after i bathed her itall started to blister :(

itseems to be alot better today though :D

Oh good, i am glad, poor Colby :hug:

Personally i would buy a few cheap flannels and use them with water or summat, i am moving on to reusable wipes, just bought some online as it happens

ooooh look at Jo trying to convert people ;) You wait til you're full into your nappies! :lol:

Glad it's looking better Jean, poor little Colby :(

Awww ouch that sounded painful, hope she's OK now :)

Hi

That sounds aweful, glad its getting a little better will prob take a good week or so to go away byt he sounds of things
Katrina

i always put Dior straight in a salt bath when she gets nappy rash i put loads of salt in its shallow and she will play in it for a while it really really helps

i was going to try salt waster but i thought with the blisters being seeping i thought it would have been stinging for her?
The steroid cream is great though thismorning the blisters look to be drying up and no longer weeping anything and her wee flower doesnt look as red so were on the mend :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back