Baby weight

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
How far on in ur preg will u start to gain baby weight? Or be bloated from water etc?

Everyone's different, some hold water and bloat, some don't! The recommendation is to put on roughly 1lb a week from second trimester onwards, you don't need to eat any additional cals until then and baby / uterus are too small to cause a significant amount of weight gain, so if this were the case it is likely to be from overeating or holding water. But it is down to each woman and he lifestyle choices you have including diet etc.

I'm 19 weeks and I've only put on 5lbs so far.

Considering I'm already chunky, I think I've got away quite lightly so far!

D x

Its really different for everyone depending on your shape and size etc. I'm 5ft 2 and was about 9ish stone when I was pregnant with my son. I put on 21lb and he was 8lb 3 of that. It was my birthday just before I gave birth and I randomly decided to weigh myself at my mums :lol: My SIL though is a big girl and lost weight when pregnant with her son. You'll put on the most weight in your third trimester! xx

By 21 weeks I'd gained 1st 4lbs lol.

I was only around 9st 8lb at most pre-pregnancy though, so not too bad.

I can see me having gained a lot more than the 2 stone by the end of the pregnancy though as you gain more in the 2nd and third trimesters

I'm over weight as it is for my height. Worried il balloon like last time. Thinking of sticking to slimming world threw out to keep me on track X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back