big big baby!!

amyknight88

Reaction score
i bumped into an old friend today, i heard she was pregnant but i had not seen her for a while anyway, she told me she had her lad 3 weeks early and he came out weighing 9lb 1oz!!!!!!!!!!!!! the midwife had apparently estimated the baby to be around 8lbs. thing is her bump wasnt evan huge, and it was her first.

is anyone else scared about having a 'huge' baby?

Amy X

yes i am!

everyone keeps telling me im big for my dates and my OH weighed 9lbs 10 oz so im praying the baby wont take after him

I've been told that my baby is bigger than average but I'm not worried about it......................... yet ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

well my mum was over 11lbs when she was born!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: poor grandma! me and my sis were both just under 7, i hope mine's gonna be thereabouts too!!!

i was 6lbs and fiance was only 5lbs so hope little bigger, as long as healthy sure they will be worth it better than being small big prob means nice n healthy!! :D im 37 weeks and people say ive got a tiny bump but my god i havent half put it on my ass and hips (as if they werent big enough already!!!!) ps having an epidural so hopefully all will be nice n easy anyway!! :?

I'm not sure but the senior midwife felt the length of my baby this week and exclaimed "That's a good size! How tall are you?" but then we got interupted so I didn't ask any more- I might do if I get her again! I'm only 5ft and I'm a veggie so if it does mean I've got a large baby it'd be a bit of a surprise as I was rather expecting it to be on the smaller side!!! Oooer!

+++

yes!! :( i've just posted a thread about it!! I was 9lb when i was born and just found out DH was 10lbs!!! we were both early too. boo hoo that has shattered my illusions of having a nice little 6lb baby :D

Suppose i shouldn't complain - my boss was 14lbs when she was born! her mother could barely walk. haha x

14lbs???!!!! yikes that makes your eyes water!!!!

i was a size 8 pre pregnancy and jamie was born just over 8lb!! so i think that is quite big considering how small i was!! plus everyone said i would have a tiny baby coz my bump was small!! that showed them!!! lol

14lbs omg!!! That's what ive been hearing too that im going to have a little baby as im not that big but quite a few people have said they had 7/8lb babys aswel as having small bumps.

Ive put on alot of weight around my legs,bum and face and not so much my bump. according to my bump im 25 weeks preg (going by the baby growing a cm a week thing) has that actually worked for many people? because my last period and scan dates match up so i know im 28 weeks! confusing!

amy X

Yep was really scared about it, but after my scan yesterday i have been told that even though my bump is huge, the baby's weight is 4lb at the mo, apprentley the growth is about 1/2 lb a week, so looking about 6lb - 7lb!!!

cool, i didn't think they told you that!! although i think this is my last scan next wed (at 21 weeks)

They dont normally, but at my 31 week check with midwife she told me i was measuring at 36 cms!! so she sent me for a scan to check on dates and to see if the baby was really big!! but otherwise my last scan wouldve been at 20 wks, so good all is ok, but im glad i got to have another sneaky look at my baby!!

My baby's not allowed to be more than 8 lbs or she wont fit into some of her cute outfits lol!! Seriously though, my OH was just under 14 lbs when he was born so it is a little worrying, especially considering I'm only 5'2"!!

my daughter was on ly 5lbs she was 5weeks early and that was hard anuff if i go full term with this baby i think il die :shock:

I heard of someone having a12lb baby ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The hospital said its a week and 1/2 bigger than I should be, but my hubby and I are both tall so, just assuming it will be a long baby more than the wide and heavy, midwife seems quite impressed with my belly so quite happy
My hubby was only 4lb when he was born and was born at 31 weeks and he picks up every infection going now! So I rather have a bigger baby 9lb will be ok!

Just look at it this way, women have been having babies for thousands of years if they can do it with out drugs then I sure can (ok with some drugs maybe)

kylie weighed 4lb 8oz (she was 4wks early) and that was quite a difficult birth (with the emergency c-sec coz she woz breech)

i have no idea wat ill do if this baby is 14lb :shock: !!! i think id die too lol

my bump isnt too big and the midwife ses its a good size so im happy

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back