measuring big!

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi, went to see midwife yesterday and she said i'm measuring 37 weeks. i have been for baby growth scans and baby is the correct size so no worries there. does anyone know what this means? am i likely to have him early?

godbless
lisa xxxx

no hun it doesnt mean he will come early just that you might have a big baby but it could also be water

Might just be water. Or maybe the baby has had a growth spurt. :think: I was measured 25 weeks at a hospital visit when I was 21 weeks. A few weeks later I was back on track.

Hi

Could be both water and a slightly larger baby.
I was measuring big now am back to normal .
Katrina

t think she would hav said if LO was gonna appear early :hug:

Are you talking about the fundal height measurement? My FH has always been 3cm's above what it should be for the week, but being a larger lady it doesn't concern me, and it isn't an accurate measurement anyway, the scan would be a lot more accurate so I would go with that :) As for having him early, babies arrive when they wish is what I always say, regardless of size, I would talk to your MW about it if you're concerned though, very best wishes :hug:

Im also measuring big, about 3 weeks bigger than my dates at the minute. I had a growth scan at 29 weeks and baby was completely normal, going for another one in a week to see how big he is then :)

I was measuring big all the way through but I always thought I was 2 and half weeks further along than the date they gave me at the 12 week scan! Brody was born 2 weeks 2 days earlier than the date they gave me but 2 days late according to my dates! :think:
I also had increased fluid though.
Like redshoes said, baby will come when s/he's ready dates don't come in to it most of the time! :D

Hiya,

I wouldn't worry. My bump has been measuring 2 weeks ahead the whole time.
I had a scan last Wednesday at 34 weeks. And baby's head and belly were measuring 37 weeks and my due date 'by these measurements' changed from 13th to the 1st of June. But the midwife hasn't actually changed it so god knows!

They also estimated he weighed 6lb 2oz already. At 34 weeks. Yikes!

But they gave me no implication that he would arrive early so try not worry!

Lau
x

baby has always measured right by their dates, so he isn't too big. thank goodness!

lisa xxxx

I measured about 5 weeks bigger when I was having Nathan and he was still 5 days late and weighed 9lb 5oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back