Been for scan

emmaandamyleigh

Reaction score
El went or my scan today baby head is now down quite away to where they thought she was completely engaged but baby is measuring on the small side a tiny bit but I think that's due to how she was lying also they sed head was measuring small too but she said she could get an accurate measurement so now I have to go back in 2 weeks fOr another scan to see how much baby has grown if not or no growth then they will talk about having baby earlier than my due date but icdont really want that as I don't want baby to be in hospital as it'll be harder for with having Amy and no one to look after her so I hope she grows so I don't have to have her early :( but she is weighing with 4lb 2nd it says on the report ands on the scan photo it say 4lb 14oz quite confused :s

Awww hopefully baby stays put and gets a bit bigger :)

Awww that's not too small - my boy weighed 4lb at 30 weeks +3 days and they said that was big, so maybe she is just a little bit on the small side. Hope she has a late growth spurt by your next scan and evrything works out alright xx

I was going to say the same as Amanda that weight sounds normal to me so I wouldn't worry too much. At least you get to see bubs again in another couple of weeks :)

yeah i i know but i dont want to have her early i dont fancy trips to the hospital plus i cant get child care for amy either as family work and mine live up north so it will be hard i hope she grows a bit more the measure ments for her #
FL: 60 MM
HC:276MM
AC:289MM

approx HC only due to fetal position 2sd below mean

Attachments

• 172388_10150184761238313_625513312_7917358_7902762_o.jpg
    172388_10150184761238313_625513312_7917358_7902762_o.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 7
Just looked up those measurements for you an they are spot on for 32ish weeks gestation and weight wise looking at fetal charts about 4lb 2oz is the average weight for 33 weeks gestation. Not sure why they are concerned really a measurements all look good. Always good to have extra checks though. Just wanted to reassure you that the measurement seem normal hun xxx

Last edited:
awww thank you hun yeah im sure everything is fine baby looks fine to me too :)

Just looked up those measurements for you an they are spot on for 32ish weeks gestation and weight wise looking at fetal charts about 4lb 2oz is the average weight for 33 weeks gestation. Not sure why they are concerned really a measurements all look good. Always good to have extra checks though. Just wanted to reassure you that the measurement seem normal hun xxx

where do you look them up? thanks

You sound in a similar situation to me!

I had to have a growth scan last week, as my measurements at the midwife were showing my belly hadnt grown in the previous 4 weeks - although likely to be becuase she was lying transverse, therefore, giving false readings.
I had my scan last week at 32 + 1, and she was weighing less than 4lbs - around 3lbs 13oz.
My measurements were;
HC - 300MM
AC - 258MM
FL - 62MM
so fairly similar to yours, apart from mine is low on the abodminal and yours is lower on the head (I know which one I would rather have!).
This means she has only just registered between the ranges on my chart, but is still very small. Gotta wait till next week before my next mw appt, and then same as you, probably have another scan, if still measuring small.

Just thought I would let you know you are not the only one - I have used this opportunity to eat as much chocolate as possible - its to help the baby grow obviously!
x

All babies grow at different pace so i wouldn't worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back