baby slings/carriers? any good?

Dee1985

Reaction score
imdesperate now, i ordered a double buggy waited in my house allllllllweek for it for them to phone me to say the orderdidnt go throuh as they dont take visa electron...

as most of u no i have a 1 yr old and a new born and no double buggy im completely house bound cant even walk to the shop. soi just got this of ebay till i get buggy sorted, any one think there good?

i tryed one with Dior when she was a baby i hated it??

but im despo...

anygood for £11 inc p&p?

fc_21.jpg

I haven't got that one, but there's a woman on ebay who makes them to measure they're the sling type, rosebay has one, they look really cool.

Can't Kris take you out one evening or at the weekend to buy a double buggy? I would be INSANE by now if I had to stay in all the time.

im just being so fussy, i want to get the right one i need a light small one to get on buses. im thinking about holding out now forthe baby show on the 19th i think they might have some cool ones???

Dionne i use my baby carrier all the time. Al is nearly five months now and its still really handy. he has always really liked being in it too.

cos i dont drive and have to get the bus (and we dont have the ones where you can puch a buggy straight on :evil: ) its so much easier to have Al in the carrier and push the buggy to the bus stop. then fold it up and carry it on. so much easier when you have your hands free!

i have to take Al to my mil three times a week before i go to work and its so handy!

x

Hi Dionne

My SIL has leant me her baby carrier and to begin with Olivia hated it when she was facing me but when I put her to face outwards she loves it! I also find with them being in an upright position it really helps them bring up wind!

I'd said £11 is a bargain! I use mine to take Olivia out for a walk but also round the house when she just seems bored with her toys or when I'm making food etc.

Lucy x

Maheen used to hate it when he was little, but again, I think it's because I did not start using it early enough!
I think if you start using this straight away, then, they get used to it. We've got one, that a friend of mine gave us, and we have started using it a little bit again, now that Maheen is about 3 months old.
We are going to france on holidays this summer, and we are planning to use this to travel with her...She will be 5 and 6 months old, will she be too big for it? I did not even think she could be too big for it but reading this thread just made me think twice!!! what do you think?
Mel xx
Dionne, if you can use it, I think £11 is a great deal!!!!! :clap:

It should say what the weight maximum is. Our's is a 3 way carrier from mothercare, she loved being snugled up facing in (though I just felt pregnant again so not a fan), now she is older prefers facing out, and then when she is about 6 months we can have her on the back, though I amreally scared I'll forget she is there and sit on her :shock:

Lol!! I am sure she would let you know!!!! :lol: :lol:

Mel xx

Mel i still use mine and alex is 5 months.
Beanie is right they usually state a weight limit on them, i know mine is for babes up to a year :shock: cant imagine lugging Al about when he's that big!!!

x

Ta!
I will check the weight limit then!
yea, I can't imagine carrying Maheen when she will be a year old!!! ouch my back!!! :roll:

Mel xx

WILL IT BE OK FOR A 4 WEEK OLD???

or will his head flop about every where??????

most of the carriers say up to about 9months some say a yr...

Dionne i used mine from abour 3 weeks i think and you can tighten it right up so babes is really snug and they naturally snuggle into you anyway.

i couldnt beleive how well harleys doing from the baby weight thread :D bless him. reckon you're sneaking him steak and chips after his milk :lol:

x

haha hes a right ganit he has 5oz every 3 hrs if i even make him wait 3and a half hrs he goes crazy :lol: think its time to up his feed to hungrier baby lol hes a every 3hr alarm clock..

sorry one more question...dont u have to keep checking them that they can breath and not got there face burried in your cheast? or do they put there head to the side????

diors gota car with a handle for me to push her down the street havnt been able to take her out since havin Harley so she well be well happy :D

at least he's regular and not taking tiny amounts every hour or so. sounds like he's doing great to me!

alex has always just turned his head to the side. he used to fall asleep almost instantly when he first went in. you can kinda feel them breathing anyway as they are so close to you. now he fidgets about and tries to look at everyone on the bus waiting for them to look at him so he can do a cheesy smile :lol:

used to do the housework with him in it - was so handy. dh used it too when he hoovered - looked so cute :D

mine was a freebie from my brother but would def buy one again.

x

ah thats good then. looking forward to get it :)

hahaha wanting to give a cheesy grin to strangers....
Dior loves people talking to her on the bus and if no ones talking to her she will do a fake cough untill they talk to her

Dionne you should try a pouch - they are so much comfier than the normal carriers. I only wore my Tomy one once, I hated the straps. I got my pouch from www.brightsparkslings.com . Or there is a lady on Ebay who sells 'freedom slings'. I have one of her ring slings, but I prefer my pouch waaaaay more. I still put Ella in it now (I sit her cross legged inside, facing out, it's really safe) and she weighs 16lb 10oz!

benefit of newborn slings for parents is the truth that today's baby slings are easy within the back. Carrying baby constantly on your hip or shoulder is incredibly trying on the muscles of the back. When used properly, a newborn sling distributes this baby's weight much more evenly, and even takes a few of the weight in the fabric of the sling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back