Baby Carriers??

BabyWestwood

Reaction score
Hey Every1!

So after buying a Phil & Teds for when new baby arrives I decided that it was too big and I didnt really like, so gave up with the idea of a double buggy, then I decided to buy a Quinny Buzz for the newborn and have brought a Litaf Seat 2 go for my son who will be 25months when the baby is born, now I think im changing my mind again and letting the LO use the buggy for a few more months while carrying the newborn in a baby carrier!

Can any1 recommend a Baby carrier plz? I dont want a sling or just a material one, I want 1 with buckles etc xxxx

Hi

We've tried our LO in various slings since she was born - it took us 4 months but we've finally found one that both she and I are happy with!!!

We bought a Babybjorn sling second hand for £14! Bargain!

It has good back support and is easy to get LO in and out of. Haven't tried it with newborn, but it says it's okay from 8lb. Maybe others could say if it's okay with newborns or not. We love it!

We use a mobs sling for R and he loves it :)

I find it really comfortable as it spreads the weight on my back, takes a bit of getting used to but I think we're there :)

Xxx

We use a mobs sling for R and he loves it :)

I find it really comfortable as it spreads the weight on my back, takes a bit of getting used to but I think we're there :)

Xxx

Moby I should have said.....

We have the Baby Bjorn Miracle - brilliant!!!!

(OH was close to a heart attack when he saw the price tag though!)

Last edited:
I've just bought a manduca which is a buckled carrier. It has a newborn insert attached which you just unroll to use which means it can be used from newborn to toddler. I'm using it with my 13 month old and it's really comfy

Thank u all soooo much for ur oppinions! Gonna have a try of all the ones uve recommended! Definately think a baby carrier is the way forward! xxx

Big Umbrella and pushing the buggy! Oh dear sounds like hard work haha! xxx

Big Umbrella and pushing the buggy! Oh dear sounds like hard work haha! xxx
I remember before my buggy parasol arrived and I had to push buggy and hold umbrella above baby's head, that was loads of fun... not! LOL!

But, for me, it's either baby carrier or buggy, no need for both :hug:

Last edited:
Oh dear! Im going to have 2 do both as will still have 2 push my LO while carrying the baby! I will just have 2 hibernate on rainy days I think! lol xxx

Oh dear! Im going to have 2 do both as will still have 2 push my LO while carrying the baby! I will just have 2 hibernate on rainy days I think! lol xxx
Oooh, I see :hug:

I personally found baby carrier was best for having baby nice and quiet when doing housework.

I have a beco gemini and love it! It is really easy to get on and off by myself too. Xx

You can get mei tai slings with hoods :) they don't have buckles but they are very supportive for baby x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

If you've got the quinny buzz it's easy to push the buggy and hold an umbrella :)

With regards to wraps I went for the moby wrap a it was recommended by the midwife. I looked at ones like the baby bjorn but Id read their knees should sit above their hips to take pressure off. Imagine you spent an hour dangling by your crotch compared to sitting with your knees up supported around your back and bottom. I chose what I would find more comfy. Although the moby was by far the comfiest wrap Id used for me as well.

Augustmum thank u very much for ur thoughts! I didnt think about the babies legs dangling, very good point!! How do u find putting the wrap on? In the images online they look so confusing! Also ive never seen any1 wearing 1 over the top of a coat? xxx

If you've got the quinny buzz it's easy to push the buggy and hold an umbrella :)

With regards to wraps I went for the moby wrap a it was recommended by the midwife. I looked at ones like the baby bjorn but Id read their knees should sit above their hips to take pressure off. Imagine you spent an hour dangling by your crotch compared to sitting with your knees up supported around your back and bottom. I chose what I would find more comfy. Although the moby was by far the comfiest wrap Id used for me as well.

Certain structured material carriers like the beco gemini, ergo carriers, boba carriers etc are made so that the baby's knees are above the hips, altough a newborn is usually frog position. I used a boba wrap until K was 12 weeks old though and loved it! It is easy to put on if you watch videos on youtube and practice a few times. K just decided as she got older that she didn't want to have the matierial near her head, so I always had to hold her head if she fell asleep lol, so that is when I went with the beco gemini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back