Baby signing

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this sooner. Last wednesday we went to our first baby makaton (sp?) class. It was great! we learned loads of words and songs to sing using the words. Alice slept through most of it, but ive been trying to do loads of signs to her at home!

she giggles at me the whole time im doing them!

now, just need to convince OH to start taking part as well :think: :lol:

just wanted to recomend it to you all! its fantastic! my fav sign is chocolate cake :lol:

I am looking to do this with Ruby, where did you go to do it?? l love the idea of signing with her. The nursery she is going to when I return to work has a Downs boy who they use Makaton with, so encourage the oher kids to sign too. They have posters everywhere with signs on, and all the staff are trained.

I think its wonderful xxx

oo i think its a load of poo!!

you've only got to teach them to say the word eventually anyway!!!

the litttle buggers are demanding enough when they start talking let alone getting them to do it earlier! :rotfl:

budge said:

the litttle buggers are demanding enough when they start talking let alone getting them to do it earlier! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

budge said:

:hug: I love you Budgie, you never fail to cheer me up :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am really interested in this too but thought you started when they were older!!

I will definatley be starting things now... I know a few signs ( not chocolate cake though!)

Keep us informed of how you get on hun!

LMAO @ Budge :rotfl:

I sign with Emma and it is great, I highly recommend it :D

:rotfl: budge you do crack me up.

the first one i went to i did feel like a bit of a fruitcake sitting signing (esp when alice was soundo in her sling!). ive started with easy signs, yes, no, mik that kinda thing.

I do mine through my local sure start group, and found out about the place through my HV. they do loads of classes, baby massage, signing, first aid, 'parent craft' and crafty groups for the older kids. they are talking about doing a baby led weening group. they always have a hv in the mother and baby group, and have started having a relationship counceler come and sit with people if they want it. they are always open to suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back