Baby kicking TV myth

KirstyD

Reaction score
You know until recently when i started to feel LO wriggling ever so slightly i totally believed all these TV moments where the woman suddenly stops in her tracks saying 'oh wow, i've just felt the baby, here feel' then they get the other person to feel their tummy then other person goes 'oh wow' too. queue oooing and ahhing and lovely TV moment.

I thought that's what happens, you feel a proper good kicking on the outside as the first movement when actually you can just feel these tiny movements getting bigger gradually, and certainly cant feel anything on the outside yet.

Is it me just living up to being blond? :think:

:lol: Nah you're not being blonde - I think we all know tv dramatises (sp) things, and this is just one of those examples! It's a wee while until anyone else can feel the baby moving/kicking from placing a hand on your tum - you're the only one so feel priviledged!!

Over the last week my little monster has starting kicking very strongly - you can see him moving constantly especially in a morning - as my tummy moves - it looks like an alien is trying to escape :lol: .

Its only in the last few days that he has started kicking hard enough for my hubby to feel it though!!

When my LO kicks I can see my tummy moving so not sure if people could feel it from the outside yet but everytime OH puts his hand there LO stops!

at least you are lucky enough to have felt something....i am over 20 weeks now and nothing....am getting sooooooo frustrated!!

i wasn't sure this morning as i had lots of gurgglings - but they were higher up than my belly button. How do you know it is baby, are the first movements very low down?

Wonder why i am the last to feel anything.....am soo impatient! I want to feel my baby so much!

X

Yeah im defintely loving that i have felt it quite soon, was just pondering over it while watching one of those TV moments and thinking it's so not like that in real life!

I don't think it's unusual you havent felt anything yet as i read that it varies quite alot from woman to woman.....but i understand your frustrations, you just to feel it NOW!! Also i heard the position of your placenta can block the feelings and make it later that you feel anything as it gets in the way and cushions the kicks!

I think if i hadn't asked on here what it feels like to start with i might not have even noticed yet, it's been very faint feeling quite low on me. It feels a bit like if you've got some trapped wind in your guts and the feeling when the 'wind' readjusts. Kind of gentle like bubbles or tapping very gently from inside.

Hope you feel LO soon :hug:

In my book it says you might not feel them till 22 weeks. I started feeling it at 17 weeks but it was very rarely and I didnt know it was baby but since I got to 18 weeks its all the time and you just know. Its like something is popping inside you its hard to describe! It started really low down near my pubic bone but is starting to slowly move higher up now

yeh have felt nothing lower down...have been conentrating on higher up - am going to will baby to move!!

All the early movements I felt from about 19 weeks until 22 weeks were very low down......its only in the last 2 weeks that I have felt (and seen) movement higher up near my belly button.

Sometimes its a definite kick and it hurts, but the bubble feeling is very weird - its like somethings popping in your tummy!!

Im sure it wont be long before you feel something now!!

My movements are low down and to the left :think: Very weird!!!!!!!!!

When I was pregnant I never felt movement till past 21 weeks and then it really was just flutters - amazing though. Mine always stopped moving when dh put his hand on my tummy too - they are all still stubborn now and they're 20, 15, 14 and 6 :rotfl: !

I started feeling movement about a week ago, but it might be down to my fundal height being higher than my weeks gestation as I'm having twins. I do lie down with my hands on my tummy in case I will be able to feel anything, obviously I never do :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back