baby eczema

pringle88

Reaction score
i have just been prescribed oilatum for the bath and hydromol cream for Ella's skin. Has anybody used either? do they work??

i only asked the midwife for advice on dry skin and she thinks it might be eczema so thats what she is treating her for! does anybody elses baby have rough skin?

HV told me to stay well away from e45 cream as it will really sting her apparently!

Yes they do work. Alice doesn't have eczema but I've had it since I was 6 weeks old. As long as you use them regularly they will make a difference. Keep her skin well moisturised x

haven't tried that cream but we have started using oilatum in the bath. Holly had just been diagnosed with eczema after her skin got infected so on steroid and antibiotic cream as well. We use diprobase cream to keep her moisturised and smother her in it 5 times a day! Working so far.

Glad you posted this as I think Jack may have a slight case of eczema and hv told me to go to the docs to get oilatum. Jack seems to just have it behind his ears and around his neck, although there are a few small patches on his head and face

Sebastian has had eczema since 3 months old but he's on double base cream and hydrocortisone cream. I found that using certain washing powder made it worse. The gp wanted to prescribe e45 but I'm allergic to it so he didn't! I put the double base cream in before and after his bath to stop his skin drying out and I put it on at every nappy change.

I'll do a long post tomorow :) but maisie has it bad :( and has done since very young I have to keep her baths down to twice a week even using oilatum I cream at every nappy change I find that keeps it at bay, also have a few pots of cream dotted round the house if u go to the gp they'll prescribe u something like double base ask for 2 or 3 pots so you can have them all over x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I use oilatum for Fin's baths and his skin is silky smooth afterwards and not dry :) hope they work for you

hi i use oilatum and hydromol. i think my lo's skin has got much better since i started using surcare detergent as well. her skin is not too bad now so i only use it morning and night, before it was anytime i could get her to stay still.

i also use a bit of hydrocortosone every now and again when it gets a bit out of hand.

doesn't seem to bother her though.

Yeah, Jacob has eczema and has had since a few weeks old, we've got oilatum for his baths, cetraben as a moisturiser and hydrocortisone as a steroid cream, Jacobs is quite severe tho and he's being seen by a paediatrician on Thursday, but the 3 things used together do kind of keep it under control.x

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Kian has it too but we use oilatum in bath and the cream they do work . He only has flare ups now and then though but has started to scratch at it now !! Hope lo gets all sorted xxx

Both my girls have it but Ellie has it the worst :( she's on steroid cream which really works!!
That stuff in the bath didn't help her but made her like a wet fish lol so make sure u have a good grip on her!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back