baby eczema and products

Kayelle

Reaction score
My poor Brian bear had milk spots from birth that gradually got worse and turned into baby eczema. He has a cream and its now getting better. Because of this he has never used any of the things we were given, bath bubbles, baby lotion, baby powder or shampoo, but I wondered when you are able to use these both for a baby with no skin problems, and how long after eczema has cleared, anyone have any ideas?
I don't always trust the bottle which says from birth. I don't want delicate skin to be damaged or overloaded, but sometimes wishing could put a tiny bit of baby wash in his bath as I wouldn't feel clean washing in just water iykwim? Although happy to leave it if best for baby

DS has eczema and has had it since a couple of months old. We were advised to put his double base on before bath and after and we used organic baby bath things (can't remember the make) after he'd been diagnosed (so around 2 1/2 months old) with an organic specially grown sponge (not sea sponge). Every other product, especially johnson's, irritated his eczema!

We were given Oilatum on perscription to put in Chloe's bath, you can also buy it. Plus we were given a big tub of aqueuous cream to use.

I've heard from a few people at one of the groups I attend that Tesco Value baby bath bubbles is fantastic for babies with sensitive skin. Like I said haven't tried it myself but they are only 11p so not a huge waste if they're rubbish lol.

When I was a baby I had bad eczma and they advised not to use any products (I still have a bath with no bubbles in it if my skin gets bad) but im sure that now they have products that are more suitable!!
xxxx

Thanks might look at the Tesco stuff. I was told that the eczema wouldn't last, is that not true then? Is it a sign that my son will always have really sensitive skin?

Were were given Oilatum liwuid paraffin as well to use in water. I use Diprobase on prescription but it doesnt help us much tbh. I was abroad and bought this cream called Dermalex (made in Ireland) and it helped clear up ezcema. It doesnt have steroids which what I was after

hello we just use oilatum (on prescription), hydromol (on prescription) and hydrocortisone if it flares up. we wash her clothes in surcare as well.

they can grow out of it and sometimes i forget to put the hydromol on now and she is still fine but a few months ago i couldn't get away with that.

think the key is moisture!!

Thanks might look at the Tesco stuff. I was told that the eczema wouldn't last, is that not true then? Is it a sign that my son will always have really sensitive skin?

Well in my case it did go, I still have sensitive skin but nothing like what it was like as a baby!
xxx

I was nervous about the steroids too, but its clearing up quickly so was gonna stop before a week. Is it a good sign that its clearing quick?
Seems I should get them to prescribe this oilatum stuff to use just in case. So does anyone use the normal stuff when its not flared up? Or do those things cause it?
You say moisture is key, so can I use baby oil?
Sorry for all the questions, just wanna find out as much as poss!

Most childhood eczema clears up but he might still have sensitive skin xx

Flare ups can be caused by loads of things, bath products, washing powder/softener, perfume (on you obvs transferred to him) and certain foods are just a few. We always use his eczema products and have spent a long time trying to find washing powder and softener that doesn't irritate his skin!

I was nervous about the steroids too, but its clearing up quickly so was gonna stop before a week. Is it a good sign that its clearing quick?
Seems I should get them to prescribe this oilatum stuff to use just in case. So does anyone use the normal stuff when its not flared up? Or do those things cause it?
You say moisture is key, so can I use baby oil?
Sorry for all the questions, just wanna find out as much as poss!

Sorry if you've said but what's the dic given you for him? We have double base cream that we use constantly which is way better than baby oil for moisturising his skin and locking the moisture in!

Lol dic!,
We have hydrocortizone 0.1% used since thurs that's why I assumed it would go away . I guess once its cleared, as its working well, ill see about getting the less harsh things you mentioned to keep on top of it

so far diprobase has worked best for us....!

Cam has dipribase cream and oilatum for his bath. I got some lavender eczema balm from The Green Comoany off Amazon but it doesn't do much for him x

We use epaderm and I still use johnsons or sanex kids I use that on Thomas and is fab stuff also epaderm or really good

xxx

Thanks everyone will see how he is as it seems it could go so many ways!
I have noticed now its clearing a little the milk spots seem to have reappeared, is this common/ normal? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back