Treatments for eczema *his face is looking worse*

dionne said:
fucidin is what iv been given to use for 2 weeks. twice a day for first week then once a day 2nd week.

Thats what we were given for Jessica. I sometimes use balneum in her bath and the good old cetraben when she comes out. I have the softest hands :rotfl:

Its very difficult to get a doc to take eczema seriously. They all say its just a baby thing and one suggested it was my imagination. I have a doc now thats very good and touch wood I havent had to use the fucidin for a while.

I hope it clears up, its distressing for all.

p.s do you use non bio washing powder

Id be careful putting on anything that isnt prescribed hun! There is a difference between dry skin and excema.
A lot of babies do have excema but about half of them grow out of it.

Harleys face looks perfect iv never seen him look like this since he was born. his face is all smoth iv been using the steriod cream but was only told to use it for 2weeks, hope it dont come back now. shoul i be putting some thing on his face now even though there is nothing there? or shuld i wait and see if it comes back

The double base should keep it nice and smooth hun if you want to keep it moisturised. I'd steer clear of E45, it seems to do nothing but aggrevate eczema!, Mine, Damien's and other peoples.

Yeah i would Dionne, see your Dr and ask him to prescribe you something to use daily...that way you may prevent a big break out like before.
I cream Charlie up every other day after her bath (I only bath her everyother day to prevent her skin drying out.) then pop her sleep suit on .
Glad to hear Harley is looking good!

Harleys face has came up real bad again its bleeding and looks so sore, iv stopped using the steriod cream as was told to not use it longer then 2weeks. the doc then said just keep it moisterised, i have been and its still came up bad, so im of to my horrible doctors toay at 4pm :evil:

what should i be asking for?

try asking about eumovate, it says its Clobetasone Butyrate. its strong but not a steroid cream i dont think. i use it on and off for a max of five days say to control breakouts as soon as they appear and before they get too sore. in between i use Cetraben emoiliant cream twice a day (morning and after bath.

they have worked a treat for alex - no major breakouts since we started using them.

really feel for you hun, its so horrid seeing their prefect little faces or bodies marred like that :( hope docs are nice to you babe :pray:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi sorry just seen this post.

Noah had very sever eczema all over his face and body, which he was on steriods and anti-biotics for, this would clear up the outbreak, but didnt stop it all from coming back a few days later! I was kiven assorted prescription emmolient creams, but none helped, so I formulated my own organic natural cream, using tried and tested remedies. My HV actually buys it off me for her grandson!

I have indead had a website made and will be selling this cream, I cant advertise on this site at the moment, but I will be becoming a paid advertiser here soon, I have just decided to delay starting at the moment cause I will be moving house soon, so wanted to wait till after. I do howver have a few pots made up. If you want o PM me and its okay with Laura I can give you some more information. and a link to the website.

Dionne do you use fabric conditioner? My stepmum said that she had to stop using it because my stepbrothers excema was so bad. I was using comfort pure, but she said comfort was the worst for making it come up. I just thought that if you did use it and his face is in contact with his sheets for half a day (when he's down at night) it might be irritating it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back