Baby clothes

zoe82

Reaction score
Might be a really stupid question, but I'm just packing my hospital bag :eek: and got to baby clothes, blanket etc then suddenly thought, does all this need washing 1st or is it ok as it is? I have a lot of girly bits and don't want to take labels off to wash if they've got it wrong and I'm really having a boy! Sorry if it sounds stupid! :eek:
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

They do recommend you wash the baby clothes before use due to any chemicals that may have been used in manufacture. Maybe just wash enough to get you through a couple of days or any neutral bits and keep the tags on the rest? xxx

Last edited:
I'll be washing all my baby clothes... We're team yellow, so it's different... But I'm sure you could wash a few bits that your going to use :) how exciting!!xx

Thanks! I thought it might be an idea, but wondered if I was over thinking it! It is exciting, making it all very real now, scary, but good! x x:)

Wash the clothes - god knows what the factory was like where they were made and who has touched them
In the shop first!! I used to work in retail and the boxes the clothes came in usually reeked of chemicals. Also its nice for baby to smell you off their clothes to comfort them! X

I washed all LO's clothes before she was born, also makes it very real and exciting! x

I washed everything. I think it's quite rare for them to get things wrong at the scans now. But if your really worried maybe just do some - although I wouldn't have had time to do extra washing at the beginning so I was glad I did it all.
Lol
Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

It's all whizzing around the machine as we speak, I've kept a couple of bits back which I could swap if they have got it wrong, but most of it is being washed now. The sun has finally made an appearance too, so may just have to hang it outside, can't wait to see all the little clothes hung up, sad I know! :p

I haven't washed anything before putting it on LO and she is fine!

You should wash all new clothes before baby wears them because of chemicals etc used on them. And actually washing all the new baby clothes was lovely, seeing them hanging on the washing line made it all seem very real (in fact OH found me standing in front of the washing crying my eyes out, tears of joy I might add, LOL :lol::lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back