washing babies clothes

Babylicious

Reaction score
I'm started preparing my labour bag and wonder if I should wash all babies clothes before packing?

nah i aint
obviously ive washed the clothes ppl have given me, but not new stuff no

Ive washed everything, u dont know who's manky hands have been on em while they've been in the shops :lol:

i havent...i have washed blankets though.. but baby grows.. no.. it will only be in them for about 5 mins b4 it wees or spews on it lol..

happy_chick said:
Ive washed everything, u dont know who's manky hands have been on em while they've been in the shops :lol:

I was told this... but... not sure it matters all that much with packaged babygros, like the packets of 4 or 6 you can buy etc.

I washed all the smallest sizes (newborn) and took tags off a couple of weeks ago. All the 0-3 months still has tags on and isn't washed yet. I don't want to get too hasty in case anything needs exchanging. There's still the chance she could be a boy after all!

Pregnopaws said:
happy_chick said:

I was told this... but... not sure it matters all that much with packaged babygros, like the packets of 4 or 6 you can buy etc.

Yeah true, they are tiny and take hardly any time to dry tho so thought i might aswell do em! Plus got me all excited seeing lil baby clothes on the radiators :D :cheer: hehe

I have washed blankets but not baby gros - Im afraid nothing new born will fit so might have to change them :lol:

im glad this thread was made i have been thinking weather to wash all my clothes or not but all mine are new and most in packaging so i dont think i will now :)

I've not washed anything packaged- tempted to because then they smell and feel nicer but something stops me (not laziness! honest!) think it just makes it feel a bit too close and real- I'll continue enjoying my denial for a bit longer and have a little kip instead I think.

xcxcxc

im just worried he wont fit all his gorg newborn stuff so may wash some fav outfits and his hossy stuff but everything else ill leave tags on for now

I have had great fun washing all the tiny things!

I'm going to start washing everything very soon. :D Can't wait :D

I've washed everything (well most things, as there are still a few bits and bobs I need to sort out).. all the items I've knitted need washing as the cats sometimes chew and play with the wool.. also its handled a lot in the knitting process

Also Spain has a silly 15 day return policy... if you don't return an item in 15 days you can't return it full stop sooooo anything I brought way back when, can't go back now anyway... All the other clothes were Tia's and well needed washing after 8 years in storage...

anything that came from the UK... how would I take it back? :think: Its going to take me 6 months to get a passport for the baby :roll:

Personally, even in factories, people don't wash their hands after using the toilet and then these clothes get packaged up etc... nah... I just wanted my stuff clean... also it means your baby's skin gets used to your cleaning products straight away. Some factory standard cleaning products can be quite harsh.

I washed all bams stuff, new or given.

Especially the new stuff... if you think of the colouring proces, the chemicals/dyes involved.... i didnt wanna risk her lil newborn delicate skin....

ive washed all my things too, it makes them softer, and smell nice aswell

i washed every thing so far, i just love seeing iccle baby stuff hanging on the airer, and it makes the house smell yummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back