Baby clothes..

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Another dilemna... with so many choices of sizes to buy for newborns i am wondering if everyone on here is just buying a few bits of all sizes just in case...???

As there is a high chance of me having a c-section my LO will probably be smaller than average [estimated at the moment to be around 6 llbs] but I don't want to buy premie or tiny baby clothes if I can get away with newborn size instead.. that way she can grow into them instead of out of them quickly!! Would this be OK??? Sorry if really stupid question but I haven't a clue what to buy!!

What is everyone else doing?? And how much should I be buying before the birth.. just enough for the birth, stay in hospital [4 days if c-section!] and coming home??

Thanks xx

I was thinking the same thing. I have been looking at all the clothes i have brought and keep thinking it is not enough! They say to take 4 babygrow into hospital with you and im thinking if i get through that in just one evening what is it going to be like at home! So surely i need to buy more. But then my mum and everyone keeps saying dont buy anything else as you will get stuff as presents. Thats all well and good but what if i dont get what i need. I dont fancy shopping after the birth or letting o/h do it!

I would buy some of the little vests in a few sizes, but that's all.

they're really cheap, and if it stays this hot, the LO won't be wearing much more anyway!

yeah those little vest suits are ideal..i've got loads f them coz its so hot baby will probaby just be in those..i tried to go for the clothes that are 0-3 months or for babys over 7.5lbs rather than the really small newborn stuff coz i think i have a big bouncing boy and he wont get much wear out of the very newborn stuff.
hes been bought so much i've not really had to buy much..the baby has more clothes than me..lol!

Nathan was born at 5lb 12oz and newborn was abit big on him so I bought some tiny baby (up to 7lb) clothes which fitted lovely for about 2 weeks :roll: lol.

I would recommend just sticking to newborn or maybe just buying a pack of 3 baby grows and vests in tiny baby :)

Rachel xx

Marks and spencers do some plain white packs of vests (with poppers under the legs) i think you get about 7 or 8 in a pack. I've gone for one pack in new born which look tiny.. and the rest in 0-3m... you can get the sleep suits too with legs.. i've gone for a few packs of those too (next, mothercare, marks and spencers) they all do them in packs and they're a lot cheaper than buying singles. For the first few weeks your only going to need plain suits. I've bought a few nice suits for days out but i wouldn't buy too much as people will want to buy you things. Also your going to want to go out shoping with the baby when you feel up to it..

In my hospital bag.. i've put 2 new born vest, 2 0/3m vests, 3 sleep suits and a coming home sleep suit (which is has little pictures on) if the baby is too big for the new born i've got the 0/3m. If you run out of sleep suits your OH can bring more in...

x

Damien was 5lb 13oz and fitted in tiny baby stuff for over a month I think, even up to about 10lb I think (when newborn are supposed to be outgrown). But then he was a shortarse :lol:

I would buy a couple of bits (2 vests, 2 bodysuits) in tiny baby and newborn and then someone can buy you more when you are in hospital depending on what size bubba is. Damien got through about 3 outfits a day though and ended up buying about 10 vest and bodysuits in tiny baby to keep him in clothes whilst waiting for my mum to wash and bring them back to me. Was in hospital 5 or 6 days.

HTH xx

Just remembered, if you're fussy like me, you'll want clothes which fit and aren't baggy. Newborn was just rediculous on Damien at nearly 6lb still. At 10lb he could still wear tiny baby vests. They grow out of clothes quick whatever way you look at it :lol:

Thanks everyone!

I have quite a few packs of sleepsuits that are for newborns [up to 11llbs] so I think I will just stock up on tiny baby.. as a C-section is very likely now bodette will be on the small side if delivered at 39 weeks - [she is estimated at 5 1/2 llbs now] I defo won't be up for shopping for a wee while afterwards but yes OH no doubt will go for me... we are not expecting too many gifts as all family and most friends live so far away they won't be visiting straight away.. and to be honest not sure how soon I will want any visitors !

My hospital bag is growing by the day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back