Buying clothes for baby

LauraKC

Reaction score
I havent brought a lot of clothes for baby as im going to wait and see how i get on and see what i need. A friend of mine said that lots of people buy you clothes so not to buy too much. Dont want to be too presumptious but if this is the case there is no point buying things unnecessarily.

Have brought a few essentials though like sleepsuits and babygrows. Am really silly as have been buying 0-3 months and not newborn. how long will babies wear newborn for? i didnt think it was necessary to buy newborn if its just for a few days but i went to see my friends baby who was over 7 pounds and she was wearing tiny baby size! i realised i should have brought some newborn stuff. thiinking about it, the 0-3 months clothes do look quite big!

I havent bought ANY newborn stuff, just 0-3. There's loads of clothes bundles on ebay so if I was going to get newborn I'd get from there as it would only be used a couple of weeks.

I've bought mainly 0-3 but i have bought some newborn baby grows just incase. I haven't nought anything else in newborn.

If I go early and you're late Kellie we could be in together! :lol:

I have bought 0-3 months too - and been given a few bits of newborn from my sisters - but then I think this baby is going to be long - OH is 6'5" !!

H

Yep. OH not happy about homebirth so I'm reluctantly going in :(

Got to go there Friday morning to be poked and prodded again.

When are you due? Sorry if you have a ticker but i can't see it.
What do you think of the hospital?

I had DD in the old maternity wing which is now the eye hospital so never been to the new section. Was less than impressed with the ante natal clinic, they had run out of hand gel, no soap in the loo and there was wee on the shelf where people had put their cups down after doing samples. Plus last time they recalled me for bloods for the 2nd time as they'd labelled them wrong only to keep me waiting 2 hours to hand me a piece of paper. I had a FIT :x

My mate assures me the actual maternity bit is nice

if i knew then what i knew now i wouldnt buy any outfits at all id buy sleepsuits up to 6 months as alfie has grown so quickly and halfway through the day he ends up just in his babygrow anyway, i would get a couple of newborn things though because they rend to be up to 10lbs and unless you have a 10lb baby then 0 - 3 will look big but they do grow quickly

hiya to all ladies in waiting :hug: :hug: i would recommend buying newborn, i didnt get much mosly bundles off ebay when tia was born she was 8lb 1oz and some of the newborn stuff was miles too big, shes 7 weeks today and some of it still fits :shock: shes now over 10lb and the 0-3 is huge on her xxxx

I found it ok. Same problems as you found really plus some really grumpy mws. I had Aimee there and the MW I had first did not have a clue what she was doing. She better not come near me this time! Also I'll be keeping an eye on there hygene cos my dad got mrsa in there a few months ago.

i put jamie into newborn stuff as soon as he was born but within a week he was in 0-3 so was glad i had bought more stuff in that size!!

i have the basics in newborn and 0-3 months like bodysuits and sleepsuits. (about 6 of each)we have about 3 0-3 month going out outfits but only 1 newborn. i'm also seeing what people give us and then we can get stuff accordingly.

i mostly got 0-3 then got some newborn sleepsuits and grows and at 8lbs1oz the newborn ones still swamped him! Id say it really depends on the weight and growth of the baby to know how long they will be in newborn stuff for, buy a few things then get more when the baby comes...but if you cant resist shopping get a load of 0-3 stuff for when the newborn stuff dosnt fit anymore..

I never buy newborn, doesn't last 5 minutes. I didn't buy much 0-3 either as others seem to buy that for you so I have mainly bought 3 months upwards, other than a few bits.

i bought a pack of sleep suits and vests from Asda in Newborn and a pack of 0-3.

Logan was born at 8lb 6 and has spent the last 3 weeks in newborn.... he is now starting to wear 0-3 purely because of the length....
personally I would buy a few things in newborn just to get you through the first couple of weeks but don't go mad. ( like I said he had 7 vests and 7 sleepsuits that was it!)

I haven't bought any newborn things mainly because I don't think he will fit into them.(I think another big baby could be on the cards) Last time I bought loads of newborn and Keiran didn't fit into any of them because he was too big so i was determined not to make the same mistake twice. I also have some 3-6 month things which I bought in the sales.

Apparently Asda are doing everything half price at the moment. OHs mum came yesterday with an all in one coat for bubbly, which I need obviously having a baby in February. that's something else off the list.

I got a huge bundle of clothes from Ebay for £50 lol half of the stuff hasnt even been worn so just goes to show lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back