baby clothes sizes aaaargh!!

pixie17

Reaction score
i have decided to just buy the basic clothes needed for a new baby and wait to see what we receive as gifts before buying any more. however, i think i have made a boo boo when it comes to selecting the correct size for the things i have bought. my baby is predicted to be just over 7lbs when born. i have bought 'newborn' size clothes ( 6 sleepsuits and 7 bodysuits) but have just realised that the weight guidance is 10lbs (max) for these. i am now worried that the clothes will be too big for him when he is born. will they just be a little too big but wearable or should i buy the same items but in the lower size which is 7.5lbs (max). SO confusing! Last time i bought clothes for a baby it was size 0-3 and that was it!

Hi Pixie!
It is confusing, we bought a couple of early baby sized things from Tesco, they were a little big at first and Newborn drowned her, she was 7lb when born. She has grown out of the early baby stuff now tho but Newborn is still too big! It seems to depend on the brand as to what size they are, for my wee girl all Newborn is still too big apart from M&Co stuff that fits her fine. All 0-3 is way to big! lol it's really hard to know what to get until theyre born, we took a couple of early baby, and a couple of newborn things in to the hospital then just tried them both on :) we also bought a tiny baby suit but it was too small (we had a strong chance of her being prem as i went in to early labour at 27 and 33 weeks, managed to hold of til 38 in the end!) so we gave the tiny baby suit to the hospital to use :)

Remember that there arew different "sizes" in different shops as well. If you have a wee bit of time, have a look around. I have some "first size" bits from asda that go up o 9lbs. But also even if baby doesnt weigh much, you might find that you need a bigger size if LO has long legs for example. I've had some people tell me recently not to bother with newborn cos the 0-3 would only be a little too big, yet the next person says 0-3 didnt remotely fit for ages.

If i was you i'd maybe buy in a couple of bits in a slightly smaller size, then see what size and shape LO is once their here. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back