At the point of tears

AugustMum

Reaction score
It might sound like a silly problem but honestly, its driving me crazy.

It seems like lately, when sleep is concerned, Paige just cries and cries and cries. I put her down for a nap and she screams (like proper howling) for a few minutes before going down. This happens at bedtime as well. Then in the morning she wakes up at about 5am, sometimes half 4, and just cries. Although I was listening today and she's not actually crying, shes just whining until I go and get her at 6am. I usually go in and give her the dummy so she's got some comfort and sometimes a hug is just crying and not just whining.

Like I say, it might sound silly but waking up to crying for an hour every morning is just getting to me. Wheres my happy baby?! Why wont she sleep past 5am?!

Tonight Im keeping her up until 7:30am in the hope she might slowly start sleeping longer and the teething necklace is going on (you never know). Ive got a black out blind (but thats a bit irrelevant now because its dark when we get up anyway).

Anyone had this problem? Im truly at my wits end and think I might ask my parents if they can have her tomorrow night because Im so stressed. Ive been smoking again lately and Im having about5 a day now (thats a huge amount for me) and I dont want to but its either that or I might start pulling my hair out!

Charley was doing this! He'd cry with his naps so now have to put him in his pushchair for naps but he still only does 2x 30min naps a day, then he sometimes cries at bedtime then was waking at 5.30 every morning, luckily he chats to himself in the morning so I leave him for half hour. I've started to put him to bed at 7pm and he's now sleeping until 6.15-6.45 in the morning which I don't mind x.

See Paise goes down at 7pm anyway. She used to sleep to anywhere between 6-7:30am which was fine.

She used to chat as well, it was lovely. She actually woke up chatting the other day and the noticable change in out morning was crazy. But day after day waking up to load whining cries just puts me in a bad mood. As soon as shes out of bed shes as happy as larry, infact, as soon as I remotly start picking her up.

I wont let her get up until 6am like you. Its crazy to wake up before then! Its the clock change soon and the though of 4am makes me want to cry. :(

I noticed Isla was waking at 5 most mornings too, and whining until i came through, so i put both blinds down in her room; a blackout and a roman one; and she now sleeps beyond 7. I only deal with her mornings 3 out of 7 days so can't really offer much advice :(

We tend to wind down in her room from half 6, put her light on so its dimly lit and have playtime and cuddles. She never goes to bed unhappy unless its teeth.

hope you get through this soon xxx

Yeah we have wind down in the lounge. We watch the bedtime hour together on the sofa after her bath but tonight Im going to try watching the bedtime hour and then have half an hour upstairs with her. Just occured to me she might be getting too stimulated watching tv (this is quite a recent thing we do). Huummm.

She used to be so good with bedtimes. We go up, Ill put her music on and we have a snuggle and a little sway to the music for a while and she'll be falling asleep on me but as soon as I start putting her down she just goes crazy, even if she's asleep on me :(

ah hon. It doesn't sound silly, something like this can really stress you out. especially the early waking. Dont really have any advice, maybe separation anxiety? Owen used to wake talking and now wakes crying more often than not, but we're very lucky it's 6am onwards. we've had some night waking lately but i thin kits nightmares and/or teeth. Weird its always the same time in the am. see how a later bedtime works?

And argh for the clocks. totally forgot! what a pain that will be!

:hug::hug: hope you get a little break this weekend? xxx

What age is your baby august mum?

Watching tv before bed could well be too stimulating.

I'd say go for night time bath, quick kiss & cuddle from (whovever else is in the house) & a bottle in their quiet room (if they get a bottle) & what they said to me was, keep chatting to an absolute minimum from when bath finishes to going into cot.

Baby may well be just getting too nosey & knows they are missing something when in bed.

:)

Great ideas girls :)

She's coming onto 14 months now. I had a peek at her teeth today and it seems another back one has just poked through and her front top one (we've had 8 come through since she was 11.5 months :shock: ) so Im wondering if that combined with her being ill just all came to a head!

She's had 2 naps today (just having the second now) and she's gone down beautifully. She was asleep before I even put her down for the second one. So tonight its dinner, play, bit of In The Night Garden then bath and play in her room and read books then bottle and bed. Im going to try give her the bath and after that just keep her upstairs.

I did wonder about seperation anxiety so tried moving her into my room in the mornings when she was upset but she started bouncing on the bed :wall: So gave that a miss lol.

ooooh I remember that stage with my 1st, between 1 1/2 & 2 she was a wee monkey, getting into everything & being so so nosey. Always keeping an ear & eye out for me, and knowing how to play me!

She'd hear me walking past her room & cry deliberately even tho we'd hear her on the monitor humming away nicely to herself. She was in nursery by that age too & was totally shattered at night & they only allowed them all 1 nap a day for 1/2 an hour.

She'd hear me walking past her room & cry deliberately even tho we'd hear her on the monitor humming away nicely to herself.

You just described Paige! Im honestly too scared to go upstairs when she naps because she wakes up! Its fine at night but day time naps its like she hears a pin drop and she cries. I swear her ears twitch at the slightest creak of the stairs. Little monkey.

She slept! For a whole 12 hours and then woke up in a good mood! I swear I almost did a little dance.

I did some reading and saw that someone had said they put their baby to sleep 12 hours after they wake up and then very slowly brought that time later. I figured Paige was waking up at 6am (well, she used to) so I put her down at 6pm.

I also followed the advice of keeping her upstairs and not watching tv and keeping chatting to a minimum after bathtime. She went to sleep beautifully and woke up and just played in her cot at 6am and she's just gone down for her first nap now :yay:

Thanks girls! Hopefully I can slowly start moving the bedtime slightly later otherwise in a month she'll be going bed at 5pm and waking at 5am :shock:

:yay:

Thats excellent

I Remember reading the thing about 12 hours after waking. With a short nap half way thro the day - not sure if I remember something about no naps 6 hours before bed, not 100% on that tho.

Fingers crossed for some more easy nights & the more you do it the more she'll get used to it!

:yay:

Love it when something goes to plan

hey hun, sorry shes being a monkey! dont have any advice as we have the exact same thing almost with joshua! driving me absolutely insane

fab, Im so glad things are improving, its not a silly problem at all, its really wearing.

Morgans going through a phase where 5am seems like agood time to get up :wall: I started giving him milk and a book to read in teh cot when he wakes up, so I can grab a quick shower and know hes safe, then get him up and dressed, I was doing that and then one day I went to get him and he'd downed the milk and gone back to sleep. This became a pattern so now when he wakes at stupid o'clock I usually give him a cup of milk and go back to bed and I dont hear a peep out of him for a couple more hours.

Morgan goes to sleep about 7.30-8pm though, so that is later than paige.

hey hun, sorry shes being a monkey! dont have any advice as we have the exact same thing almost with joshua! driving me absolutely insane

Im going to to have a peek at your thread now and see if Paige has done anything similar. Shes been through ALOT of rough sleep patches :shock:

I think someone said to me about a cup of milk or bottle but she's in such a rountine of getting straight out of bed that I think she'd just scream at me lol. Even if she woke up at 5am I dont mind, its mostly just the waking up crying but hopefully that will stop now. I wish she didn't go sleep so easily as when I finally get a job its a really small amount of time Ill get with her at night but if I can move it back a bit eventually then who knows.

Shes just having a bit of food and then a bath and we'll see how tonight goes. Shes not in as good a mood tonight so this will be the test :/

hey there
glad it was a bit better this morning. hope tonight/tomorrow not too bad too. :hug: sometimes when O was having bad sleep and nap patches I actually felt like nothing else was important and everything was focused on that I used to feel quite mad! so thats why I 'm sending you a hug! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back